Chapter 41- Dreams and Friends Again

*Flashback*

I'm sitting down on the beach with Brad. My back is against his chest and I can feel him breathing. Were at a beach bonfire tonight but Brad wanted some time to ourselves as usual.  

"Let's get married." He blurts out.
"What?" I ask, shocked by the suggestion.

"When your actually old enough to get married next year we can do it. It doesn't have to be big or fancy."
"Brad your crazy." I tell him.

"I might be. But I know I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."
"We can't even afford rings for each other." I laugh.

"Well when were up and steady with our lives we'll buy some."
"Fine." I smile.

"So is that a yes?" He asks.

"Yes... That's a yes." I smile and he kisses my head.

-------------

I sit up in bed, breathing heavily. Having dreams that mimic my reality are starting to happen more often and I hate it. I wake up almost every night and then can't get back to sleep. Thankfully tonight, Kyson is crying. I get out of bed and walk over to his playpen. I take him out and go downstairs to get him a bottle. While I'm making it, the dog lays by my feet. The sun is getting ready to come up and the night sky is slowly fading away. It looks so beautiful. I sit on the couch in the living room and begin to feed the baby. I could keep it as a summer home.   

* * * *

I'm in the kitchen laying the kids plates on the counter when someone knocks on the door. With Briella in my arms, I go to the front door. I glance out the side window and see Brad stood there with some girl. I open the door

"Can I help you?" I ask, looking at him and her. Their holding hands and I can tell it's serious.
"I came to see the kids. Chris told me you were here." He says, smiling.

"Are you drunk?" I ask.

"He's clean." The woman says, a smile on her face.

I move out of the way so they can come inside. They sit at the dining room table and talk to the kids. He even interacts with Levi. I'm guessing Chris filled him in on everything that's happened since Brad went phsycho. The girls end up dragging Brad outside to see the water so I sit down with his chick. 

"I'm Mackenzie by the way." She smiles. "You have some really gorgeous kids."
"So are you guys like a thing?" I ask her, pouring myself a glass of water.

"Yeah. He told Macy a while ago. I think she left town for a while to deal with it." 
"And you cleaned him up?"
"Sure did. He told me his situation and I just knew I had to help him."

I give her a small smile before walking outside to where Brad is. He's sat down on a chair on the patio watching the kids run around. The babies are inside napping.

"You can't keep wrecking families." I say, looking out over the water.

"What?" He asks, looking at me.

"Marrying them and then messing it all up. Especially when kids are involved."
"I wasn't in my right mind when I married her." 

"Then you shouldn't have gotten with her!" I raise my voice.

"Yano I thought we could work this out." He says calmly.
"I don't really feel like working things out." I say, getting up and walking inside.

I go inside and completely ignore Mackenzie. I grab my cellphone and try to call Macy but she doesn't pick up. She declines it. I try about 3 more times but still no answer. How could he do this to her? And why the hell would Chris tell him about my life?

* * * *  

~7 Days Later~

I'm putting the clothes in the dryer when Chris walks in. He got home a couple hours ago and I haven't talked to him. I didn't return his calls either while he was away. I know he's gonna wanna talk about face to face now that he's back and I'm ready.

"What the hell is your issue?" He asks, closing the door behind him so the kids don't hear anything.

"You have no right to be feeding Brad information about what's happening with my life."   
"I didn't think it was a big deal."
"He doesn't get a right to know anymore Chris. And then to have him show up with his new girlfriend. I was just getting the kids to stop asking about him and I was finally adjusting without him." That last part was a lie but the rest was pretty true.

"I'm sorry." He says, stepping closer to me.
"Since when were you guys friends again anyways?" I ask, opening the door and walking out of the room.