Chapter 27- Accident and The Hospital

*Brad's POV*

Working night shifts are the pretty much the boringest thing ever. Not much happens in the town and if it does it's in the day. Parking tickets are a big thing. People from out of town coming in and parking where they shouldn't. I'm watching my computer relaxing when someone on the radio pipes up.

"Accident. 4 way stop. Victim is a female, blonde." The woman's voice says through the phone.

"I'm on the way." I reply, hopping out of my chair and grabbing my coat. "Give me directions."

* * * *

I arrive at the scene and see paramedics wheeling a gurney towards the ambulance. I get out of the car and look around. The accident looks bad. I look at the cars. One is a blue one and it's wrecked. The front doors are off and the front of the car is smashed. There's glass all over the road and the stop sign has been knocked down. I see a man sat on the edge of an ambulance, another guy sat next to him. They must've been in one of the cars. I'm getting ready to walk up to the site when someone stops me, blocking me from going. I look at him and try to figure out what the hell he's doing.

"Let me go." I say, trying to pull away.
"You don't wanna go over there." Mack says, looking at me with a serious face.
"It's my job to be here. Let me do it." I say, still trying to pull out of his grip.

"One of the victims.. It's..."
"Well spit it out Mack!" I yell.

"It's Meghan!" He yells back.

I stop struggling and just look at the scene behind him. The blond on the gurney. The blonde on the radio. It's Meghan.

"Chief doesn't want you working this one but you can go on the ambulance." Mack says, letting me go.

I run away from him and directly to the ambulance. I don't think I've ran so fast. 

"Officer? What are you doing?" The paramedic asks, looking at me.

"That's my... That's the mother of my children." I stutter out.

"Come on then. We need to get her to the hospital fast."

As I'm sitting the ambluance I can't help but stare at her laying on the gurney. There's blood stains on her clothes, blood coming from her head and bruises all over her arms and legs. There's a hug bandage on her leg which the paramedic is keeping pressure applied too. She's unconsious. We pull into the hospital in record time and I'm left in the waiting room waiting, something I'm not good at. But in this circumstance, I have too.

* * * *

*Meghan's POV*

I wake up in an empty hospital room with a pain in my head. I lift my hand up and feel a bandage wrapped around my forehead. I move my bed up so I'm more sat up. There's a bandage wrapped around my leg. I don't remember getting hit but I do remember everything leading up to it and getting my stitches. After I got stiches they brought me in here, I took something for the pain and I fell right to sleep. A nurse opens my door and behind her is Brad. He's in his uniform and looks like he's desperately needing sleep.

"You have a visitor." She smiles. She lets Brad come in and she leaves again.

Brad pulls a chair up by my bed side and I turn my head to him. I point my finger to the cup of water next to me and he hands it to me. I sip it and I can immediately feel my voice coming back.

"You have to call the house and tell the babysitter." I tell him. My kids are all I can think of right now.

"I already did. Chris went over there already and I transferred him money to pay her." He says, placing his hand over mine. I look a it for a moment before pulling mine away.

"Thanks." I smile faintly.

"I think another nights stay and you can go home. They wanna keep you just to be safe."

"I'm okay with that. I just want to see the kids." I say, closing my eyes, ignoring the pain in my leg.
"I'm gonna go get a nurse to give you something."

He gets up and leaves the room. I like the silence. I like being alone in here with just my thoughts. Even though I was in a car accident somehow my mind is clearer than ever. And I know now what I want. Who I want.