Chapter 5- Secret Daughters And An Ambulance

-Meghan's church outfit- 

Macy. Macy has a daughter. How come I never knew this? How come no one in the town told me this? 

"You?" I ask, disgust coming all over my face. Macy has the same look on her face but hers is more evil looking than mine. Mine is just pure hatred. Hers is 'I'm sleeping with your husband'.
"Am I missing something?" Josh asks, looking back and forth between the two of us.
"Your sister is the one my husband left me for." I say, grabbing the girls and walking away.

I need to get out of here. I put them into the car and pull out of the parking lot. Thankfully Natasha drove her own vehicle or I wouldn't have been able to leave as fast as I did. We get home in 20 minutes and straight away they go to bed. A long day made them and me tired. I go to my room and get in the shower. Washing away my life is something I wish I could do. I get out of the shower, put on my comfiest pj's and head downstairs to pop popcorn and catch up on my Grey's Anatomy. I would normally have a cup of coffee now but where I'm pregnant I've stuck to a coffee every 2 weeks. My doctor approved it. I'm just putting the popcorn in the microwave when someone knocks on the patio door, causing me to jump a little. No one ever uses the back door. It has to be Josh.  

"Come in." I yell. 

He comes in and stands in the door way of the kitchen.

"I didn't know." He says, a look of guilt on his face.
"I know you didn't." I sigh. "I didn't even know she had a kid."
"No one does really. She spends most of her time with her dad out of town. Macy lost custody during the breakup and gets her three times a month."
"I couldn't imagine."
"I can't believe she did that to your family."
"Shit happens I guess." I chuckle.

Josh joins me and we spend the night sitting on the couch watch Grey's Anatomy and enjoying each others company.

**** 

When I wake up the next morning Josh is gone and I'm still on the couch. The girls aren't awake yet which is great. I get up and put the blankets away, bring my pillow upstairs and clean up the food. We always do church on Sunday mornings. It's something we've done since they were born. I put the girls on a movie in their room and then head out to my room to shower and get ready. We look our best to go to church. When were all ready we make our way to the church. Natasha meets us there.
After church there's a big room downstairs where everyone gathers for snacks and to socialize. We don't usually stay but today I wanted too. It's nice to be out of the house. We go down and some people whisper in our direction but I ignore it. I've moved on and I wish everyone else would. The girls are sat a table eating while Natasha and I are stood behind them, chatting to random people who come up to us.

"Brads coming." Natasha says to me. I look over and see him walking up to us.
"What do you want?" I ask, trying not to sound too harsh.

"I wanna take the girls for the day. I'll bring them home at 6. Promise."

I think about it for a moment. It probably would be good for them to spend some time alone with him.

"No later thank 6." I say.

I kiss them goodbye and watch as my only loves leave with that man.

****

7:00 comes and the girls still aren't home. This has me a little worried. But then again it is Brad and he isn't very reliable. I slip on my shoes and a jacket and make my way over to Josh's house. We've become close lately which is nice. I knock on his door and within seconds he's there.

"Hey whats up?" He asks, looking a little groggy like I'd just woken him up.

"Did I wake you?" I ask.
"No no. Well yes but-" He's cut off by the sound of a female voice coming down the stairs.
"Oh my." I say, my eyes opening wide. "I didn't realize."
"No no. It's not what it looks like. What did you come over for?" He asks, changing the subject.
"The girls were supposed to be home an hour ago. I haven't heard from them."
"You want help confronting Brad?" He asks.
"Please." I nod.

He goes upstairs and gets ready to go. When he comes down the girl is behind him. She looks young. But pretty. Kind of like a bitch though. She's coming too. I guess he didn't wanna leave her at his house alone or something. Josh drives while I sit in the passenger seat and she's in the back. It's all silent except for when I tell Josh what way to turn to get to Brad's house. We make it to his street and an ambulance rushes passed us. My heart begins to race.

"Don't worry. I'm sure their okay." Josh says, laying a hand on my leg. I stare at for a moment before looking up to see were in front of Brad's house.

The ambulance is in the driveway and Brad is stood in the doorway with Jill in his arms. I get out of car and run across the lawn. Everything seems to be running in slow motion. I grab Jill out of his arms and pull her close to my body. Chris takes her from me and the paramedics push us out of the doorway. I look down and see Kacey on the gurney, a breathing mask over her face. Her eyes are closed and she doesn't look like she's conscious.

"Who are you?" A guy asks me.
"I'm her mother."
"You'd better come with us." He says, laying a hand on my back, pushing me in the direction of the ambulance.

What is happening right now?