Chapter 32- A Drunk and A Call

"Child endagerment?" Chris asks, pacing the kitchen.
"Apparently letting them go with my alcoholic ex husband is child endangerment." I say, laying the envelope down on the table. I don't see how it was endangering my kids. I never let them go with him alone. Macy or Chris was always there. Sure there was some times when he left them to go drink but I put a stop to it right away and it hasn't happened since then.

"Who would even accuse that?" Chris asks, the same amount of shock in his voice as there is in mine. 
"I... I have no idea." I say, sighing loudly. 

"How about we go out tonight?" He asks me, raising his eye brows.

"Yeah?" I ask, leaning against the counter. 
"I'm sure my mom can watch the kids." He says, taking his phone out to call her. When I don't more or say anything he speaks again. "Go and get ready, we're going out."  

I run up to my room to get ready. Tonight I'm just gonna let loose.

* * * *
We pull up to the club and get out of the truck. We drove the truck because I plan on being able to drive us home. Taking a cab is not really my thing anymore. We cross the street and wait in the line.

"I'm so excited for this. I need to let loose." I say, smiling up at Chris.

"I feel ya." He chuckles.

 We're finally let in and the place is already packed. People are already drunk and the music is hurting my ears already. I love it. This is something I haven't done in a while and it's long over due. We sit at the bar and Chris orders us some drinks. I get mine down in me in about 3 minutes.

"Let's go dance." I say, grabbing Chris by the arm and pulling him out onto the dance floor.

It feels nice to have fun. Between Brad, work and the kids I just need time to myself. Even though I'm not really by myself. Chris and I get really close to each other, our bodies moving in sync to the music. I've never been this close with him before. Without thinking, I pull away and go back to the bar and order another drink. Looks like I'll be taking a stupid cab home after all.

* * * *
~Chris's POV~

We get back to my house and I take Meghan up to the bedroom. I sit her on the bed and take her shoes off. She falls back onto the bed and closes her eyes. I pull the sheets back so she can get under them and go to sleep. She crawls up and lays her head down on the pillow, hair flowing long. I'm about to walk away when she grabs my wrist, pulling me down onto the bed with her. I didn't drink anymore after my first drink. I know she hates cabs so I figured if I didn't drink then I'd be able to drive her home. I of course still had fun.

 I hover over her, trying to get up but she wraps her arms around my neck and her legs around my body. Something about being this close to her makes me nervous. She's always made me nervous but we've never been this close before. 

"Meghan." I say, looking into her eyes. "We can't do this."
"Yes we can." She says, leaning up closer to me. I hesitate for a moment. Brad is my best friend. She's been my best friend since high school. Both of them have. And she has kids and they're divorced. But I can't deny my feelings towards her. I have been for so long. And now's my chance.
I place my lips on hers slowly but it quickly turns into fast pace.
* * * *
I wake up the next morning and place the blankets on Meghan as I slowly get out of bed. Her hair is spread out over the pillow and one of her hands is under cheek lid on the pillow. I chuckle lightly at the little bit of drool on the pillow case before getting up. I put on a pair of jogging pants and go down to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. Meghan's phone is on the counter and it's ringing. Obviously I ignore it and go to the cupboard to grab a mug. I pour the hot liquid in them mug and lay it on the table. I go to the front door and slip some slippers on my feet. I open the door, the cool air hitting me and I step outside. It's sunny already and the light shines in my eyes as I make my way down the driveway and to the mailbox. I collect the mail and head back inside, sitting down at the table with my coffee and taking the news paper out of the pile. I know that makes me sound like and old man but I really enjoy the news paper.

 My house phone starts ringing just as I open the paper so I go over and get it. It's Brad's mom.

"Oh thank God." She says when the call connects.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, sitting back down.
"I need you to get Meghan to call me. It's about Brad."
"What happened to him?" I ask, beginning to get worried.

"He didn't get off the plane."