Chapter 45 - I was home

Start from the beginning

Chanel and I chatted the entire trip and it went by so quickly. We arrived at the hotel it was amazing. New York was amazing! I'd never seen anything so crazy in all my life. The buzz, the feel, the pace, it was so fast. I instantly fell in love.

We all got settled into our rooms then Helen organised a lunch gathering in the restaurant. She'd explained that tonight's party was really important with loads of designers who required new models for their new collections. I thought Paris would have played more of a significant role in the world of fashion but it appeared that New York was now the dominant force in fashion. Around 4pm we went back to our rooms to prepare for tonight's party.

I heard a knock at my door and answered it. Helen was standing in front of me with the biggest grin.

"You made quite the big impression over the last few weeks. 17 designers have been in contact with me all bidding for you right now. Lauren you've made it!"

"What?" I was honestly stunned.

Helen sensed my shock so she started again. "Lets sit". We strolled over to the small dining table situated inside the room.

"Do you want a tea or coffee?" I always offered guests a drink and thought to do the same now.

Helen's head went back as she laughed. "You'd be the only person on this planet who'd be offering me a tea or coffee at this moment. This is why they want you. Your nativity, beauty, peacefulness, humbleness it transcends into your photo's. You bewitch the crowds as you float down the catwalk.  We've hardly given you ideas or suggestions because the rawness you bring in is alluring and captivating". Helen paused looking for a reaction. I stayed wide eyed not quite believing what she was saying.

"Lauren, you're going to have to make a few decisions over the next few weeks. I know Ethan's arriving today I put a reminder in my phone. I just wanted to bring you the news. More designers will approach me after New York so no decisions need to be made as to who you will go with but we need to consider whether this is going to be your career". 

I just sat, taking it all in looking at Helen. She stood up. "I want you to wear Elliot's black pants suit tonight. You did bring it?"

"Yes. I have it out already. Ethan's bringing the black dress with the pieces cut out as well".

"Perfect, wear that to the ball on Saturday night. By the end of this 2.5 month stint, you will clearly need to make some really big decisions. See you tonight 6pm sharp in the bar area then we'll head over to the club". She smiled then walked out.

I started getting ready, my mind was scattered. I was just about to straighten my hair when there was another knock on my knock. This time it was Chanel.

"Oh my lord, you look fricken hot. Is that another one of Elliot's designs?" Chanel was walking around me with the biggest grin on her face.

I chuckled and nodded. "Sure is, what colour do you want?"

"Blue and purple oh and green". We laughed.

We had another 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet up with our group. "Lets skye Elliot while I do my hair. It's about 9am there he'll be up".

I got my computer ready and turned on the straightener. Us gals were constantly multi tasking.

"Hey Elliot!".

"Lauren Baby how's my gal? I'm missing you like crazy. I love your outfit". Elliot winked, he was so excited. "OMG is that, um, Chanel Iman. Arrggghh!!!"

Chanel and I started to laugh. "Elliot, Chanel wants to ask you something".

"Elliot, I have been admiring Lauren's clothing and I'd love to put in an order".