Chapter 14 - The Day After

Ethan's POV

It was about 2am, Lauren, T, Housko, Marcus and myself decided to go out to another part of Sydney. It was obvious Lauren had enough of Nat's tormenting and she was happy to get away from the rest of the group. There was only so much bullshit even I could take. It was supposed to be a great night catching up with old mates but my Sister changed all that too quickly. Her immediate dislike for Lauren was so immature and transparent, did she not realise? I was going to have to talk to Mum, this wasn't going to work out.

We were walking on Oxford St when the boys wanted to go to a hot new dance club but the gals were happy to settle on The Oxford Hotel to watch the show. Every Friday night The Oxford did two 'Queen' shows. One of Lauren's old mates from high school was one of the acts and she hadn't managed to see the show yet so she was hoping to go.

Housko wanted to pick up and he really didn't want Lauren and T getting in his way "mate lets head to The Basement, all the hot easy chicks go there". He was pumped.

"I second that!" Marcus countered.

Lauren was really tipsy and T hadn't drunk much as she was heading home after the night ended. I wanted to go out with my mates and carry on and kinda was annoyed that Lauren and T didn't want to do what we wanted.

"Ethan, you guys go ahead, T and I will watch the show then I'll head back to yours?" Lauren was giggling as she held T's hand.

"Lauren, careful you're gunna break my nail if you keep pulling me". T was trying to keep her steady on the footpath.

"Let's go Ethan, I want to get laid tonight and you're always good at bringing them in". Housko ordered. 

Lauren's head picked up as she scrutinised over that comment. She had way too much to drink, Nat's bullying probably pushed her over the edge. I'd never seen Lauren drink so much she normally liked to be in control.

"Ethan, if you go with go with your mates, don't expect to come back home to me, I'll go home with T!" So she was now giving me an ultimatum, well fuck her, I had a right to a  good night out as much as she did and now she was trying to control me. Two can play at this game. Yeah, I was drunk and yeah I was now in a pissy mood thanks to Nat.

"C'mon man let's get some pussy," Housko bantered, he was persistent and wanted some action tonight. Not wanting to let him down I shrugged my shoulders and said, "lets cross the road and party, I can fuck her any time I want".

I started walking faster ready to cross the road when all of a sudden two knee hi boots were thrown at me. One actually got me on the side of my left temple and the other one hit my right shoulder. What the hell!!! I turned around   and saw Lauren standing there shoeless with her hands on her hips staring at me with darkened eyes. She yelled directly at me. "Oh, you can fuck me anytime can you. Is that right Ethan! Well fuck you, cause if you go with your mates, T and I will go elsewhere and I promise I will fuck someone tonight and it won't ever be you again!"

Everyone was just silent. It was Lauren against Me and our eyes were locked in a deadly game of cat and mouse. The tension was sickening. I'd never locked horns with Lauren so I had no idea if she was serious or calling my bluff. There was only going to be losers in this situation, either Housko was going to be pissed at me or I'd lose Lauren forever. It was my choice.

Housko yelled "fuck her, let's go" because he knew me and that's what I would have done every other time. But not tonight. I picked up Lauren's boots and grabbed her by the hand and said lets go home. And we all did.

There were no apologies not another word spoken about tonight, we just held each other tight and fell asleep in each others arms.

                         *****************
Lauren's POV