Chapter 43 - Going, going, gone!

Ethan's POV

By the time the last person left it was a little after 1am. Most of the guys decided to stay over at Elliot's so it worked out well. They wanted one last quick hug in the morning before we left for Lauren's family home.

I was walking back into the bedroom when I noticed Lauren was deep in thought sitting on the edge of the bed. She was staring into space and I didn't think she acknowledged me after I entered which was really weird cause the girl had razor sharp senses like you wouldn't believe. It was almost scary.

"Hey Babe". She whispered.

Of course she knew I was here. "You ok?"

"It's today, I'll be gone for 2 and a half months. I'm going to miss you. Promise me you won't do anything that will make me regret this decision". She finally looked up into my eyes.

"Seriously Babe. I wouldn't ever jeopardise losing you for anything. I have actually organised the weekends with Corbin now that he'll be back in Sydney. We will be playing squash on Sunday mornings then having breakfast, going for a surf and just chilling. Darren and Juanita want me over every Wednesday night and Elliot has also demanded we 'dine' at least once a week.

And your Uni friends are insisting we catch up every Friday night at the pub and they will crash back here. So really it's only a few days I need to keep myself occupied. Between Marc and Nat coming and going that will fill the whole. I don't want you to worry about me, about us.

This decision was never about us and I will be with you as soon as the court case is done. I'm flying out that very night". I lent down over Lauren and placed each arm over her body making us fall down onto the bed.

"Lauren, I want to be with you forever. You are my one and only, my forever. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind where this is going and that you are all I want. From the first moment I saw you, I wanted you. You were different for me and you still are. But I'm not going to hold you back. In a few years we will get married as long as you want me. I'm offering you all that I am because I am nothing without you".

My heart was beating a million miles an hour. I think I just kinda proposed.

"Ethan". She breathlessly whispered. The sound of her voice sent me an instant erection. She hungrily pulled me down onto her lips. She tasted so sweet the traces of the moselle still lingered inside her mouth. Within a few moments the kiss deepened and we were again naked, but this time there was no rush. We enjoyed how we felt against each others bodies. I knew at this point in time how badly I was going to miss my Lauren.

After an hour of making love we had a quick shower then went to bed. Lauren was exhausted it'd been a huge week for her with the fashion parade, her finals and now this trip. She managed to go to sleep not long after her pretty head hit the pillow.

My mind was awake, there was no chance of sleep tonight for me. All I could think about was how we were going to survive without each other over the next few months.

It wasn't just the sex between us that made things so right. Well despite the fact that it was by far the best sex I'd ever experienced. It was because of everything about her that made her perfect, I just always wanted her. I craved her so badly. Then not to have her for a month was going to kill me. But at least we got to spend time together overseas. Then I'd leave her for another month. It would be hard walking away tomorrow let alone a second time.

I just hoped that she was still in love with me within a month. I'm not stupid. I see the way boys, guys, men, dad's and even grandpa's look at her. She is eye worthy and there will be so many guys out there wanting to take advantage of a stunning young lady like Lauren. Men with real money will be trying to win her over. How can I compete?