Chapter 40 - The Decision

Ethan's POV

There wasn't much conversation between Lauren and I on our way home. She looked confused. I didn't want to push her one way or the other, it had to be her decision to make. She looked over at me a few times and she was biting her lower lip. I kinda wished she'd stop biting her lip cause it was making me hard.

"Ethan, what do you think?"

"Babe, right now. I want to take you in the backseat. Better stop biting that lip". He darkly chuckled. "Listen, I want this to be your decision. If you go, I'll miss you and I promise to visit. If you don't it could cost yourself precious contacts that would take years to build up. Don't let this decision be about us it has to be about you. Can you think of ways that this will assist your future?"

"Of course. It would be a dream having my own PR company and having all these agencies and models at my disposal. I couldn't think of an easier way to get into the industry so quickly. But, it may not pay off".

"So what if it doesn't pay off, it just means you'll be no better off then when you get started".

"Yes and no cause potentially it could cost me a job and one might not come up for a while".

"How so?"

"Well most places recruit again around end of May and wait for the next in take of graduates. It was a plan I had in my mind to secure a job. See if you wait until the end of the year when everyone else normally finishes their degree companies are winding down and people take leave so they tend not to recruit.". She took a breath. "Most places open their recruiting budgets again for the next financial year so they start advertising in May and normally start someone end of June or early July".

"Makes sense". I smiled her way grabbing her hand and brining it to my lips. "So in essence you're worried about having to wait to get a job if this is something you're not sure about in the first place which then stuffs up your entire plan of doing summer school which meant you finished mid year when intakes were at their highest?"

"Yup!" she popped the p and smiled giving my hand a quick pulse.

"I'm glad that you have no reservations about us? You don't do you?" I had to know one way or the other.

"Ethan, I'll miss you like crazy. But if there's a regret I have to say I feel guilty I won't be there for the court case. I wanted to go with you".

"Babe". It was a whisper. "That means so much to hear you say that. But I'm a stupid big boy who had to own up to his big stupid mistakes. I know the hardest part for me is that I'll be here doing what I always do and you'll be introduced to this new amazing world. Meeting people that you've only seen in photographs and playing a part in that world. You may never want to come back to me in this world".

"Ethan. You are my world. Without you I wouldn't be even considering this as a serious option. Do you know that. It'd be nothing without knowing I had your love and support".

We were quiet again and after a few minutes I parked the car inside the garage. We walked towards the lift and made our way to the apartment.

"Why don't you run yourself a bath and take your time. Just relax".

"Thank Babe". She grabbed me by my shoulders and kissed me gently on the lips.

We arrived on our floor and I opened the door. Lauren walked over to my bedroom and I gave her all the peace she needed. I got a beer out of the fridge and sat on the couch. Australia's Got Talent was on tonight so I had two hours of watching crazy acts, I would be content.

****************************
Lauren's POV

I filled the bath and knew who I needed to talk to first. I removed my clothing and got inside and dialled the number.