"You are really big to be..."

"I'm 9 1/2 weeks." She said. I nodded and stared at her for a second. "You have changed, and I like it."

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I mean I had to in order to support and take care of the baby myself."

"You don't have to worry about that. I willing to take care of you and the baby. I real--"

"WHY NOW CHRIS?! Last time I checked, you didn't want this baby. You think this baby was a mistake, but it's not." She got up and started to raise her voice.

"Look I know that I was acting like that but I didn't think that you would be pregnant. Now, I am trying to make things right." I stood up and looked into her eyes. I saw the pain in her eyes of all the shit I have put her through. I wiped away her tears that fell.

"Trust me Renáe. I'm going to be there for this baby. I don't want this baby to go through life the way I did. Fatherless and becoming like me." I said.

Renáe nodded and hugged me, "Thank you for finally understanding. What made you decide to come to your senses?"

"Ace talked to me." I spoke and rubbed the back of my neck, "Besides I know it's a boy. I just know it!" Renáe smacked her lips and smiled, "We'll see."

Lyric's Point of View~

Nicki and I were watching the boy's practice for their game next week. By me being in the hospital, school is about to end and the basketball season only has 5 games left until they make it to the playoffs. So far we are undefeated.

I was listening to SWV's Use your Heart, while Nicki decided to get some homework done.

So far, me and Xavier have been going steady. I mean I'm not trying to rush things between us, but it's extremely hard. Xavier is everything that I thought I had with Chris.

"Nicki, can I tell you something?" I asked taking one of my ear plugs out.

She looked up at me and smiled, "Sure wassup?"

I bite my lip, "I think I want to be X's girl. I mean forreal this go round." Nicki's eyes gotten big as soon as I said those unforgetful words. "Word?"

I shook my head and she squealed so damn loud cause the boys to lose focus.

"You dead ass?" She asked me again. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Yeah. I mean, we both been close the past couple of weeks. He even is planning on taking me out tonight. I don't know where, but he said to dress comfortable."

Nicki smacked her lips, "Girl you better go on that date and rock his world!" I laughed before she could finish what she wanted to say, "All he cares about is you. All I know is that you should have seen the way he was when you was in a coma. He was all down and anti social, basically blaming himself for letting it happened."

I glanced over at him making a 3 point shot. I bite my lips thinking about him and our little moments.

Flashback~

Stormy weather was in the area and I am trying to get some sleep. I've always hated stormy weather since I was a little girl.

I was tossing and turning in my sleep trying to relax, but it wasn't working. I rose up.

"I can't do this." I mumbled and noticed that a light was beaming from the bathroom. I got up and walked toward the door leading to X's room. He was laughing and just staring at the TV.

I walked in, "You still up?" I asked. I noticed that the TV was showing home made movies dating back to 1996.

"Couldn't. I can't sleep during storms." He stated, "What about you? Ms. 21 questions?" I smacked my lips.

"Nigga I only asked you one question. And same." I walked over to the other side of his bed and sat down.

He laughed, "I thought I was the only one." I smiled and shook my head. "My mother would always come and sleep with me when I was little up until she passed away. Along with my dad."

The room was silent and I noticed that he was staring at the tv screen with his mother on it. She looked so beautiful and smile could brighten anybody's day.

"You really miss her? Don't you?" I asked. He sighed and turned the tv off. "Yeah, everyday to be exact. It like I need her now than ever."

I sighed and laid my head on his chest, "Feelings mutual, but your mother is still watching you. Trust me. I know my parents are. It gets easier once you let go and only cherish the good memories. Forget about her being sick." He chuckles. "You have the answer to everything huh?"

"I mean I just want you to feel better and understand that it's okay to talk about it with me. You can trust me with your secrets." I smiled and playfully slapped his chest.

He whined, "Ouch. You must really loved putting your hands on me." I smacked my lips, "Boy stap..."

That was when his lips connected to mine. It was passionate and something that I've been longing for. I got on top of him and moaned due to him nibbling on my lip. His hands roamed around my body. I giggled once he squeezed my ass. "Lyric, what are you doing to me.." He whispered breaking the kiss.

"Same question for you to answer as well. I feel like I can be myself around you and that you aren't judging me. I love you for that." I kissed his nose and he groaned.

"You is what I needed Lyric. I love you for that, too." He kissed my cheek and we continued talking until we fell asleep.

End of flashback~

*********

Comment

Vote

Follow me

~Brittany