All This Crazy Gift of Time

( All this crazy gift of time, Kevin Ayers)

Time.

All anyone wants.

Just a little  bit more time, please.

More time to get things done, more time to live, more time to love.

But, eventually, we run out of time.

***

Con woke up in her bed by Libby's humongous hazel eyes.

"Sorry!" Libby yelped, "I couldn't think of any other way to wake you!" She winced as  Con smacked her face away.

"Oh, I dunno, ever heard of this thing called poking?" Con said, sarcastically.

"Sorry!" She squeaked.

"It's okay. What time is it?" Con sat up.

"Half five. We have to leave in about fifteen minutes." Libby said, still looking terrified that she had upset Con.

"Right." Con got up and showered quickly.

"I'm making rainbow pancakes!" she heard Libby shout.

"Okay! Save me some!" i yelled.

After her shower she went down to the kitchen and had some of Libby's rainbow pancakes.

Libby was nice, like really nice. 

Her personality was very colourful, she was eccentric and happy-go-lucky.

She managed to lift anyone's spirits up.

She was pretty, too. Her hair was shoulder length, it had light curls, and it was fire-y red. Her eyes were big and hazel.

Libby was wearing a pair of black jeans and a dark red blouse.

"is Joel ready?" Con asked, tucking into her breakfast.

"He already left." Libby stated.

"How?" Con looked up.

"He decided to run there." Libby shrugged.

Con snorted into her pancakes.

They left after another few minutes.

After pulling up in the parking lot, they walked in  together.

"Dr Miller, Dr Hayes, go and change and then meet me downstairs." Dr Goodwin met them as they walked through the door.

Con and Libby nodded and went of to the locker rooms, they met Michael there.

"Hey." he grinned at them and they returned a smile, "Lib, nice shirt." he complimented.

She thanked him and they talked for a bit.

Con observed them smirking.

Hazel and Joel caught up with them.

"Oh, just get married already." Con sniggered as they went over to Dr Goodwin.

Con caught a glimpse of Libby and Michael, both of their faces were burning.

"We're going down to the ER." Dr Goodwin lead the interns down to the emergency department.

A nurse handed Dr Goodwin a file of the first patient of her shift.

"Carla Smith, a twenty four year old  college student." Dr Goodwin guided them into a patient's room, "she has demonstrated altered behavior for the past 24 hours. Apparently, Natalie started partying with her friends on Friday night-"