Nobody To Love

(Nobody To Love, Sigma)

***November 30***

Con sat at the kitchen table. There were dark circles under her eyes, her hair was piled messily on top of her head, and she was clutching on to her cup of coffee as though it was a life raft.

"Morning," Joel grunted, stumbling into the kitchen, "Wha' time zit..?"

"Four." Con whispered, "It's two minutes past four."

Joel let out a shout of irritation as he accidentally poured orange juice in his cereal instead of milk.

"It's here-" Con shook the milk carton at him, "Unless you wanted tropical Frosted Flakes.."

Joel shot her the middle finger before pouring is ruined cereal into the trash.

"Good morning," Libby entered the kitchen while pulling her hair into a bun at the base of her neck, "Oh, I have some news." There was a knock at the door and Con left to answer it.

"We're out of milk-" Joel frowned at the empty carton.

Con returned to the kitchen with Michael by her side, "Look who decided to drop by."

"Did he bring milk?" Joel glanced around.

"No?" Michael frowned.

"Well then I don't care," Joel opened cupboarrds and drawers, "Why do we never have any good food in this place?!"

Hazel appeared in the kitchen with wet hair and wearing a nothing but a towel.

"Where the fuck did you come from?" Joel stared at her.

"I slept here," Hazel shrugged, reaching across Michael to grab an apple, causing Michael to blush and moved awkwardly out of her way, "Is there any bread or anything?"

"I think there are bagels in the freezer." Libby said.

"Ate them." Joel shook his head, rooting through the fridge.

"I bought them on Tuesday! How can you've eaten them all already-!" Libby glared at Joel, "I swear to god-"

Joel shrugged, shoveling handfuls of dry cereal into his mouth straight from the box, "I'll be you more, don't get your panties in a twist."

"I do all the grocery shopping around here-I cook, I clean, I buy everyone's food and all the thanks I get is-" She broke off as the kitchen door opened again and a blonde wearing one of Joel's shirts stumbled in. Libby glared at Joel, "Really-? Really?! This is the thanks I get-really?!"

Joel shrugged, grinning as the woman walked over to the fridge, "Is there any coffee?"

"Here's a fresh pot, sweetie." Hazel looked pityingly at the blonde before handing her a pot of coffee, "I'm gonna go get dressed."

"Thanks- um.." She glanced from Joel to Hazel, questionably.

"Oh sorry, Mandy these are my roommates. Roommates, Mandy." Joel made a quick introduction, "I'm gonna hop in the shower, you probably won't be here when I get out so- this was fun, we should do it again some time."

Mandy looked slightly affronted at Joel's abrupt departure, "I guess I'll just..um..go get dressed. Bye.."

Con held up her hand and waved with a sarcastic smile as Many left the kitchen. As the door swung shut behind the stranger, Michael, Libby, Hazel, and Con burst out laughing at the bizarre start to the day.

"Oh, I forgot," Libby turned to the other three, "I have some news, I'm having a little-um, gathering. Here. Tonight." She mumbled.

"What?" Hazel frowned.