18. I Bet You Won't Present

Start from the beginning

"W-wow," Louis said, his voice cracking. "I don't know what to say. Thank you, Harry. Thank you."

"Of course, Louis. You're my best mate."

The waiter came back with the champagne and the glasses. He poured it into the two crystal cups and handed them to the boys, who gratefully accepted them.

The lighting of the room was very, very dim, so Louis didn't really notice who the waiter was until now.

"Hey! You're that guy from the airport!" Louis practically shouted.

Ed smiled. "Yup. How are you?"

"I'm doing great. How are you?" Louis asked.

"I'm okay. I just quit my job at Target, mainly because the boss was a dick, but also because the only time I got to talk to people was when they asked me where the condoms were. I guess being with people is just better for me."

"I guess so."

Harry smiled to himself. Neither of those were the reasons he quit. There was one reason, and it was Harry. Well, not Harry himself, but more Harry and Louis. Ed wants to help out Harry as much as possible, for whatever reason, mainly because he's bored, but also because he thinks that both Harry and Louis are in love with each other and he wants to help them realize it.

A phone conversation between Ed and Harry at 7:05 a.m this morning

Ed: Hello?

Harry: Ed, hey, it's Harry.

Ed: Oh! Harry! Hey, how are you?

Harry: I'm good, I'm good. How are you?

Ed: I'm doing okay. My job at Target kind of sucks, but I'm okay.

Harry: Oh. I'm very sorry. Listen... would you mind doing me the biggest favor in the entire world? Bigger than big?

Ed: Sure, what's up?

Harry: Okay... so, there's this job opening at Olive Garden. This is a long shot, but I called them last night and it said that they were looking for a new waiter... and I kind of told them that I knew someone who would probably love to work there... and that person is you. Can you go and have an interview with them? If you don't want to, you don't have to, but it would mean a lot to me.

Ed: Wow- um, okay. Yeah, okay. I've been thinking about applying there but I've never really gotten to it. What time is the interview?

Harry: Eight.

Ed: In the morning?

Harry: Yeah.

Ed: Okay. Yeah, sure. But, can I ask why you want me to work there?

Harry: Um, so, it's Louis' birthday in five days and I really want to do something special for him, so I'm starting all of the presents and surprises now. Tonight, I'm taking Louis out to that restaurant, and I wanted to have them sing "Happy Birthday" and all that, and I bought this present for him and I wanted you to give it to him, like, so he wouldn't expect it. Would you mind doing that?

Ed: Wow. You are so romantic. What're you getting him?

Harry: Shut up. And I'm not telling you. You'll have to find out, you orange.

Ed: *laughs* I am not an orange. I am unique. Oh, I came up with a ship name for both of you.

Harry: Oh god. What is it?

Ed: Larry Stylinson.

Harry: Wow. How adorable.

Ed: Wow. How sarcastic.