Torture

I was being held on the detention level of the super star destroyer, alone. I had volunteered myself to the droids that invaded our ship, I didn't listen to Arian's hollers of protest or Marks confusion as I allowed the metal robots to take me away. The walls of this cell were cement and bare, a high pitched whining noise filled my ears and a bright light shined down on me making it impossible to sleep. After hours of this torture (and I mean, hours) a droid opened my cell door and demanded that I followed him. I did without protest, mainly because I could not muster the strength to do so.

"Go in there!" The droids monotone record ordered as the bridge doors opened and I wearily walked onto the bridge of the ship. It had triangle windows that had a faint blue glow around the edges. It all looked all so familiar yet I had never actually been there. Two tall hooded figures stood in front of the captain's station. I knew who both of them were, they were the villains in this anecdote. They both turned around in sync, both of their hoods pulled over their faces.

"Pilar, what a delight!" My sister chimed, her voice sickly sweet and mocking.

"Delight." I seethed through gritted teeth. My head started to throb, my vision blurred I blinked to flush away the sensation. "What do you want, this time, Sidious? If you couldn't see, I'm a little preoccupied with politics." I slurred, my speech mumbled and confused.

"Your sister shall explain." He nodded to his right where Isla stood with a villainous smile on her face. Her malicious eyes lusted for my pain, I could sense it and I knew that Sidious did too. I became terrified in that instant, she fed off of my fear as she strode towards me her footfalls purposeful and strong.

"Hey, Sis," She smirked, the evil radiating off of her. How quickly could someone change? How much brainwashing had been done to my dear sister? I didn't respond to her, I only flinched when she grabbed my arm and started to drag me off the bridge. She paraded me down the hallway, the silence between us was filled with tense emotion. It wasn't anger that I sensed from her now, it was anxiety. She turned to lead me down a hallway, the lights were off and the hatches around us were only illuminated with red buttons. She sighed as if a weight was lifted off her shoulders. "I'm sorry." She started, I was stunned. She was sorry? I couldn't believe it.

"What for? -" I took a breath to list the crimes that she committed, thinking back to the worse one of all. Murder.

"Don't go off on me, Pilar." She held up a finger, "I've been so wrong. I wanted to say that I'm sorry." Her voice was weak as if a heavy burden was weighing her down.

"Is the guilt ripping you apart?"

"Yes." She whispered, "I've done so many terrible things, now. I can't stop thinking about Felix. It's been months now, and I can't get the look of his face off my mind." She looked at the ground, I could faintly see tears gathering in her eyes.

"You lie." I accused, I was not about to believe her facade. She was rotten to the core. She was a black sheep, a bad apple.

"I'm not lying!" She hissed, she looked over her shoulder. Two battle droids walked past the alcove we stood in, they did not notice us.

"I can tell when you're lying to me, Isla."

"I'm not!" She hissed, "I'm trying to apologize and save your life."

"You killed Felix already, just kill me if you're ordered to do so." I growled, "it won't take you that long, nor would you do it without another thought."

"Pilar this is different. I didn't mean to kill our brother."

"My brother! He was my brother! You betrayed him, you betrayed us!" I almost yelled, the anger and sadness bubbling in my veins. "You don't deserve to call him your brother."