The Dark Side

When something upsets me, I tend to perseverate on the topic. Many things began to bother me as three days passed. While walking around the grounds of the Naberrie house with my new cane, I discovered that I was doomed. That the whole galaxy was doomed! Even if Jabba the Hutt got to see what was inside that bag, he would know how he might die and maybe know ways to avoid it. Overall it might not change many things, but yet again it might. I may be exaggerating things a little, but I'd rather conclude the worst and have something different be the outcome. Where was the bag? Was it possible for George to be there somehow and get it from the cell? I know it was in the cell. I had it with me when I was in there but I didn't have it when I was taken away. It has to be there, and if it's not. So help me! The same went for Felix. Where I left him, or in other words where he was taken from me, is where I hoped he was. Not on Earth at the site where my house used to be, but in the company of my sister whom I am going to arrest. However, when I was with her he was not there. Was he being held on Mustafar? Did Arian actually see a dead body when he went there? Was that Felix? These answers to my questions, the endless amount of them, were not to be answered until I had a source of information other than my own mind.

Darin came and picked me up after three days, as he promised he would. The man that held the validation for some of the zany inquiries that were swarming my mind.

"Darin, tell me before we leave, what do you believe has happened to Felix?"

"He is alive, it has been confirmed." Darin stated I leaned on my walking stick the tension in my chest disappearing. I became breathless and Darin grabbed my arm to prevent me from collapsing. Darin nodded, his strong shoulders stressing with holding me upright. "I spoke to the Prime Minister of Kamino today to notify him of our arrival, he told me that there is another Jedi there accompanied by a small boy who has been crying for his family." He took a breath and continued to pelt me with this much-desired information. "Who else would it be? No padawan learner has a family other than the one from the academy." He waited for my response. I was too overjoyed to utter a word.

"Darin! Welcome!" Jobal emerged from the innards of the house. Lately, she had been sleeping much more than what I considered normal. Her stomach had seemingly grown before my eyes, she was about to have her baby. She was out of breath when she got to us, she embraced Darin with much difficulty and invited him inside.

"I apologize, Jobal. However, we do not have time to sit and chat. We must go to Kamino, now." Darin held onto her arm, looking her up and down. She nodded in understanding.

"Oh, well I guess you should go." She looked at me, her eyes depressed. "When you return, we will feast. You must tell me about your journey." She took my hand, the one that wasn't resting on the cane for balance. "I'm sorry that I was not feeling well while you were here, I regret to say that this child is taking a toll on my physical well-being."

"Jobal, don't feel bad for having a family. Don't you dare think that way, life is a beautiful thing, it is hard, but the fatigue is worth it in the end." I said, she squeezed my hand with compassion and love. I didn't want to leave her behind, she was such a good person. I thought about the pain that she would have to endure when she lost Padme. It left me heavy hearted as I hugged her goodbye, and waved to Ruwee who had just exited the house. Darin assisted me onto the Q-ship, inside there was another person, I figured that he was the co-pilot. Darin escorted me to the room with the beds inside. Did every single ship have a resting room? It seemed that they did, and I was grateful. I wasn't even tired, but I knew that once I got to Kamino the only thing I would want to do is to find my brother, my sister and bring them home. I knew that I would have to persuade Isla to come with me and that my attempts might be fruitless but I had to try. Like Yoda said in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, "Do. Or do not. There is no try." I have to at least try if not succeed.