Heros

"Arian wait!" Called a voice, I turned around to see Mark marching towards me. He stopped in front of me, beside the loading dock.

"Mark!" I exclaimed, surprised that he had found me.

"Where are you going? Didn't you just get here?" He asked, leaning on the post of the loading dock. His scarred face, showing me a crooked smile.

"I did, and I'm going to Tatooine to get Pilar."

"She's with Senator Palpatine?" He crossed his arms, I shook my head. "Then where is she?" He paused, "and don't look at me like I'm an idiot okay?"

"I wasn't, and she's with Jabba the Hutt."

"Jabba the Hutt! That slimy green monster?" He exclaimed, stepping onto the ramp. "Can I come?" He asked I shook my head. His face fell. "But why she's in trouble and you need a co-pilot for this thing. Trust me, I know." He said matter-of-factly, patting the side of the freighter. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"She wouldn't want anyone getting hurt at her expense."

"But it wouldn't be her expense, I'm taking the risk because I want to. I like this new life of adventure. Why do you think I became a pilot?"

"Fine." I agree, begrudgingly. I didn't want to listen to his complaining, or his enthusiasm when I would return with Pilar. I pictured her face when she saw her family at last. Both of her parents together, safe. But her brother. Her sister.

"I get to drive the Millennium Falcon!" Mark squealed, I inwardly groaned. Oh God! What is it with these Earthlings and this ship?

"Hurry up." I ordered, walking into the ship. Hopefully, we would make it out of the atmosphere. So many things were wrong with this ship, it was a miracle that it even started.

"Oh my God! This is so so AWESOME!"

"Come on, Mark. We must go, now." I stressed, Mark took a cooling yet still dramatic breath and joined me in the cockpit. He had been trained to be a pilot for small crafts, but nothing this large.

"Simple enough, I assume everything is ready to go?"

"She should have gotten a fuel up when I landed," I stated, addressing the ship. The freighter started up with no problem. On the other hand, my fear became true as we discovered that our ship would not make it out of the atmosphere.

"Something is very wrong," Mark said I shook my head. Wasn't that the obvious?

"Check the power converter while I land." I ordered, Mark got up from the copilot seat and disappeared into the back. The ship was gliding gracefully across the sky, over heaps and mounds of green grass and tall trees. Up ahead there was a clearing, filled with what Earthlings called cars, a mountain of cars piled up on top of each other, "Hold on!" I hollered through the craft. landing roughly on top of many of the battered vehicles. It was oddly quiet for a moment before Mark exclaimed in pain. "What happened?!" I yelled,

"I found the power converter!" I heard from down the hallway. I chuckled to myself, even though Mark could be a bit of a pain he was amusing. I looked out the window and saw movement behind one of the stacks of cars. I stood from my seat and called Mark to follow me. I opened the hatch to the junkyard and put my hand on my belt, holding my lightsaber that I had not needed since my last encounter with danger. "This place looks familiar," Mark commented, he hummed in thought as we walked along an aisle of stacked cars. They looked like the buildings in Coruscant, floors upon floors upon floors building higher and higher into the sky. "I have been here before! That's my drone!" Mark jumped up and pointed to a small spacecraft.