Stormtroopers

The hike was long like it was predicted. The sun started to set before we even got close to our destination. When we finally did, I could see the stars in the sky. They were beautiful, and sparkling, I wondered what it would be like to live up there? What was it actually like to live in the stars. The CR-25 troop carrier was swarming with stormtroopers. They had no fires going, but a flood light showed everything that we needed to see. All the 74-Z speeder bikes were parked in a line facing us. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, the soldiers marched around with blasters going back and forth in front of the ship.

"We should move around to the back, in case they see us," George whispered, we all nodded in agreement. I was at the end of the line, and Felix was in front of me. We slowly made our way around to the back of the ship, trying not to make much noise. "Hold this, I'm gonna see if I can get the hatch open." George handed me the pack and made a move to go into the clearing.

"What!" I hissed, holding him back, "are you out of your mind? I thought all you wanted to do was find these guys."

"And now that I have, I'd like to investigate."

"Why?" I whispered.

"Impulse." He started to step out into the clearing, but I caught a glimpse of something that horrified me even more. Mark was already at the back entrance of the ship inspecting the scanner. George walked cautiously over to him and punched a few buttons. Felix inched closer towards the edge of the brush, but I held him back.

"Don't you get any fancy ideas." I said, he crouched down even more, his eyes staring over my shoulder.

"Oh, crap! Pilar!" He whispered, pointing to four stormtroopers that were heading into the brush.

"The scanner said that there were some human life forms around here somewhere." Said one of them, stepping loudly on a twig.

"Are you sure it's not just acting up again?" Asked another, now two were in the bushes. I nudged Felix to move around, closer to George and Mark. George had broken open the scanner and was rewiring it somehow.

"No, I fixed it a couple days ago." Said the stormtrooper.

"Faster Felix." I hissed, moving as quickly as possible away from the white armored men.

"What was that?" Asked one of them, he took another step forwards. "I'm gonna turn on my night vision, this new night vision doesn't work as well as the old one I don't think. I can't really see anything but a red haze." I heard a few loud clicks of a turning dial, and I knew that we were done for. There was no avoiding it. I looked over at George and Mark, George pressed a button, and the doors slid open.

"Hey! Over there!" yelled one of the stormtroopers, they all ran out of the bush and over to Mark and George. "Hands up! What are you two doing here?" Asked one of the troopers. More started to come around the ship, they were drawing attention. "Are there more of you?" Asked the same one. Mark nervously glanced our way, I wanted to run away but my feet were stuck to the ground. Felix grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. "Go check out the bushes," He demanded,

"Pilar, I'm scared," Felix whispered.

"Just," But I wasn't able to finish my sentence.

"Here are some more!" An officer yelled. They forcefully pulled us out of the bushes and threw us onto the forest floor beside George and Mark. They ordered us to stand and put our hands up in surrender. We did so silently, they ripped the backpack off my back and tore it open searching through it.

"Get 'em inside!" Ordered a colored soldier. He must have been the commander. "Put 'em in the holding tank." The clones nudged us into the ship, it was dark and steamy. A blast of hot hair blew my hair into my face. Felix clung to my arm, holding it so tightly that I thought he was going to rip it out of my socket. The officer lead us down a narrow spiral staircase, the short hallway that followed the stairs had one door to the right. He entered in a code and shoved us all inside.