[EXO] One last goodbye

°°°°°°

It’s hard and painful, to see our relationship slowly crumble away, watching it float and vanish through the air like it meant nothing.

I sometimes sit down and just think about what happened? What did we do wrong?

The innocent glances that soon turned into deep gazes as our eyes met for the first time ever, I loved you and you loved me back, I proposed to you and you said yes.

I felt like the happiest man alive when I watched you slowly walked down the decorated alter, your shy smile graced your features, that mesmerising smile that got my heart pounding away in my chest as I eyed you from the corner of my eye, almost nervously.

I still remember the day we vowed that would be love each other until death and care about each other no matter what the situation.

The day you became my beloved wife and best friend, your eyes lively and full of passion and admiration as you stared at me as we lay in bed silently, gazing into each other’s eyes and as we studied one another’s features, I had loved your every flaw since they were all perfect to me.

Now when I look into your eyes I see nothing, just the bland colour of your expressionless irises.

Months after that memorable day, your dark eyes would bore into mine like you were trying to tell me something, a million words displayed within your orbs, yet I stupidly failed to get the clear message.

I brushed it off like nothing, I ignored the way you cried at night, your small body shaking beside me and your quiet sobs filled my ears and every night I would stay up to watch you sleep, gently thumbing your tear stained cheek, wondering what happened to you, to me and most importantly to us — and our fairy tale love story.

Weeks went past like nothing, our relationship became dull and dusty, we barely made eye contact anymore, the once passionate kisses became bittersweet like touches, conversations turning boring and forced and the smiles fake and tired.

We became strangers, what happened to me being your prince and you being my beautiful princess? Why did you forget? Why did you break the promise we both swore on?

My questions were always left unanswered and brushed off like nothing, my heart slowly ripping with each cold glance and non-caring words, and once again the feeling of being empty took over my body.

I still remember clearly the day I woke up alone, my heart was beating so fast in my chest I thought I was about to die at that moment.

I was so scared and worried when I ran down the stairs to see the house empty, your shoes and clothes all gone, you took everything with you....even your love.

You left me heartbroken and empty, the only thing you forgot to take with you was the painful memories we both shared together, you probably didn't want to take them with you anyway.

I guess this is the last goodbye, I had whispered to myself and lifelessly stomped up the stairs to flop down on the lonely bed, my fingertips trailing over the empty spot where you, my Cinderella, should have been.

Lying there and waiting till I wake up to gently kiss my nose and help me get through the day by staying by side when the times got hard and be there to celebrate the happy times with me.

But instead you took the glass slipper with you and left me empty handed and full of confusion, I had sighed deeply and slipped my hands through the covers to feel a small fold of paper wedged through the pillow and the sheet.

My hands were trembling in fear as I unfolded the paper, eyes flickering over the handwritten message and let the the tears slide down my face freely, this time I didn’t keep it in because people change, feelings fade and memories remain and there is nothing we can do about that.

You promised me, I promised you, and for that I’m sorry because after a while I realised promises are meant to broken.”

And that was her last goodbye.

°°°°

Idk. Which EXO member suits this?

Was this dumb? Lol, it didn't make sense I know. But I was in that kind of mood.

Whoever wants to take this one-shot then lemme know, you can choose your role male and woman and just give me a tiny bit of the credit XD PM me for details.

❤✏📖