Chapter 22

Julieanna stayed with Skyler as long as she could. Until Brian called them both down for breakfast.

They all ate breakfast together in the breakfast area. All smiling and laughing with one another. Letty told them stories about when Troy and Brian were younger and they would trip and fall over their own feet.

After breakfast julieanna and Skyler went out to the garden. Letty saw them but of course she wouldn't stop them. Letty kept Brian and troy inside. She wanted them to figure everything out on their own. She knew they didn't feel forced to be together like some Angels that met their mates. They didn't always comply with one another. Some fought against it. But she felt that they wanted each other. And sometimes angels don't know that they have found their mate like julieanna and Skyler didn't know. Which letty understood because a fallen and an angel haven't ever been mated usually fallen had a mate before they fell. But in this case he was way to you g to have found his mate.

Julieanna and Skyler just walked in silence for a couple minutes before one spoke. Skyler grabbed julieanna's hand and squeezed it. "I don't need to stay her with you guys. I know we are mates but it can't be safe for all of you for very much longer."

"You can't leave. I need you here.."

"No, you need to be safe. I need to turn myself to the demons so they won't get to you and your family. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to any of you." Skyler explained while stopping and turning to look at Julieanna.

"But you are my mate. I know that we can beat this but only together will it happen. WE are stronger together against them. Do you really think I could live with myself if anything happened to you?" Julieanna said with tears Whelling up in her eyes.

"no but there is absolutely no way that we could actually be mates. I think it's just a mind game. Plus it's too good to be true." Skyler tried to say with no emotion but he really didn't want to hurt her. He wanted to stay and he wanted to be her mate but there wasn't any way that it was true. It really had to be some mind game they were playing with him but julieanna wasn't in on the joke. She was being played as well. He knew it. But yet he really believed that they were meant for one another deep down. Julieanna felt the same he could sense it.

Damnit why did I have to be so stupid back then. If I hadn't... Never think if it'll only leave you wanting something you can't have and leave you vulnerable. He battled with himself inside his head.

But yet he wanted to live in the world of what if but it was just a bad mind fuck. It would kill him faster and leave him wide open for an attack. He couldn't let that happen. He'd have to push away. There wasn't any other way.