Chapter 8

Julieanna woke up to the most amazing smell ever. She was instantly starving. Her stomach was so loud she would have been embarrassed if she weren't alone. She got up out of bed to wash her face and explore to find where the smell was coming from.

  She got downstairs and walked to the kitchen to find Skyler in an apron cooking breakfast. He had food all over him. And on the floor. He didn't seem very content with his work so he kept throwing it away. He wanted it to be perfect.

    julieanna assumed he'd never cooked before and that he was a perfectionist. Everything had to be just right.

  Skyler wanted everything absolutely wonderful for julieanna. He wanted to show her that he wasn't spoiled and that he could do something himself for her. It wasn't even about The fact that he was to kill her. He liked her.

  Julieanna walked up to skyler. "would you like some help?"

Skyler jumped alittle bit. "I didn't mean to startle you."

  "it's fine. I'm trying to get all of this right. But I've got it. You can sit and it'll be done in a moment. What would you like to drink?" skyler said. He was so focused on keeping her comfortable.

  Julieanna was stunned by his kindness and generosity. She smiled at how amazing he was. She sat down at the table and just watched skyler finish cooking and set the table in front of her.

  Soon skyler and julieanna were sitting and eating breakfast. Enjoying the food and talking. But soon after there were demons surrounding the place. Skyler jumped up and covered julieanna and took her through the back door and and ran to his car in the back.

  "what about your home and the others inside?" julieanna said worried about everything else except of herself.

  Skyler looked at her with a stoned expression. "they will be fine. They can handle themselves. And for the house it doesn't matter. It's all just stuff. You can always replace objects." julieanna fet sick at the fact that she knew everything in that house meant the world to him. It had all belonged to his parents. He held them so close to his heart.

  She turned around to see the house and she regretting it. Her eyes started burning with unshed tears for skyler. They were burning his home to the ground. She knew it was so he wouldn't come back. But she also knew that they would come after them both. Her heart hurt because she knew all he had left of them was his mother's gown that she was currently wearing.