Chapter 21

-one week later-

Julieanna woke up to the smell of breakfast. Her brothers cooked every morning while Letty messed around with her garden and water all the plants in the house. It was such a nice place to be. It was all peaceful to walk down stairs to see everything so normal again. Even though the brothers still watched Skyler's every move. Skyler got over it fast but she was confused to not see Skyler with everyone else.

She walked to his room. Knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Skyler asked from inside.

"It's Julieanna." and before she had taken another breath he was at the door staring down into her eyes. They hadn't been able to really be together like they had before. Troy told them to keep their distance. It seemed horrible at first but they were still close, not touching but they both felt each other. They projected to each other which was convenient that the others couldn't hear them.

Right now in the moment of Skyler looking at her with such a longing made her heart clinch and she couldn't take another breath. He was so handsome and being so close to her she couldn't control her body she wanted to grab him and hold him as close as she could.

Skyler held himself back from reaching out. Even though could see each other and talk Troy didn't want them having physical contact at all not even when julieanna got cut by the rose thorn.

"Care to come in?" she walked in at his offer of him standing aside. Entering she turned around to look up at him. He was still by the door while she had walked in to the desk against the right wall.

Julieanna couldn't understand why her brothers couldn't just look at him and see he is good. He had this aura to him that was nothing of danger.

Maybe it's just the soulmate thing. I don't know... She thought to herself.

"So did you need to talk or anything?" skyler said while shutting the door and walking over to his desk to finish whatever he was working on. "You know your brothers don't want you alone with me." He said it and julieanna could see the hurt in his eyes.

"I wanted to see you. I went downstairs and didn't see you." she said back.

"Do they not know you are here or awake?" skyler said turning in his chair to look at her.

Julieanna thought for a second. "You know what I don't think thy do. They always say good morning when I go down. They didn't say anything or acknowledge I was there. So I guess not. It is about an hour early for me anyways."

Skyler went stiff. "They didn't know? How could they not feel you in the other room?" he was confused.

"Now that you mention it... I have no idea. Too busy. Maybe they are weak right now from stress and worrying about me. I was gone and knew they didn't sleep and now they have another reason to be up all night. So they think anyways." she closed her eyes and just stood there. She started getting dizzy. She took steady breaths. "The longer we are here the more we become like humans."

"So you believe you guys have been here to long?" Skyler said with a curious and puzzled look on his face.

"No but when you stress and worry like they did it makes human age so it makes up "age" faster. Just not in the same way. Julieanna explained. She wasn't that worried about it. She decided not to think about it. They will trust him sooner than later and hopefully get the sleep they need.

Skyler stood. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"I just wanted to see you." she said looking up into his dark eyes and taking a step closer.

Skyler wanted to hold her and kiss her. He missed her being so close. He knew she did too. He took a step closer knowing that this is a bad idea. He could feel her thinking the same thing. But they couldn't stay away for too long.

She put her hands on his chest and grabbed his shirt and pulled his lips down to hers. She never thought she'd ever do that to someone. Especially not a fallen. But it felt so right to be with him. How could she not grab at him. He wasn't perfect but she loved him.