Chapter 7

After dinner Skyler told julieanne goodnight. Their rooms were close so he could be there in two seconds if she needed anything.

  He entered his room and got ready for the night. He thought about what she was going to wear. He went to the other side of the house where his mother's clothes had one been in this house. It was his parents. They couldn't live there after he had fallen due to it not being safe for angels to be in the presence of a demon.

  Where there was one there was always another. They relocated. It hurt him to have to live so alone. And his parents had to disown him because he had been so selfish. He'd go back and make the better choice any day.

  But then he started thinking and if he didn't fall then he may have never met julianna. She would have been stationed somewhere and he would have been somewhere else far away. As a demon he was stationed to julianna.

  He was supposed to kill her. There was no doubt she knew what was going on. But he wasn't sure he'd actually be able to kill such a beautiful creature. She's an angel literally. The most treasured. By him and the others. If only.

  He grabbed a night gown. His mother's favorite. It was silk and pink. He was sure she'd appreciate it. He walked back to her room and knocked on the door. "Julianna? I have somethin you may wear to sleep."

  She opened the door. "are you sure? It's beauiful." she said as she took it from his hands. She had been shocked with the gentleness he used to hold it.

  Taking the dress she looked into his eyes and saw pain. This had belonged to his mother. She knew. She'd known his mother. They had left and soon after they had been killed. She knew he didn't know. There wasn't anyone to tell him. The demons knew that if he ever found out they caught and murdered his parents they would be doomed to deal with his wrath. They'd be dead.

  "I'll take care of it." julianne said as she stepped forward to kiss him on the cheek. Instead of pain like before she saw that he had a shocked look on his face.

    He never let people know his emotions and he had been trained to hide then how she knew anything was beyond him. Angels could read minds of humans and some other angels but not demons or even fallen angels.

  He bowed and said goodnight one last time and left her standing in the door. She walked back inside and changed. She looked into the full length mirror and examined herself in the dress. It was gorgeous. She was sure it would have been even more so on skyler's mother. How she miss her. She'd been her mentor until her death. And skyler's father had been her brother's mentor.

  She made her way to the bed. Why had he have even been so nice to her much less give her something to borrow even of for a night something that was someone's he loved dearly. It touched her heart.

  Skyler finally got into bed. He couldn't go to sleep no matter  how tired he was. The feeling of julianna's lips on his skin made him so alive and completely aware. He couldn't Shake it off. He was in pain. He wanted to go to her but he knew he shouldn't she was pure and innocent. He wouldn't take that from her. He just needed to make himself go to sleep.