Chapter 9

They ran to a house down the street that skyler apparently had keys to. Julieanna assumed it was another one of his. They went into the garage and there was a pitch black 350 Z nissan. Skyler let go of her hand and ran to the driver side and Julieanna ran to the passenger side.

"nice sports car." she said to skyler just trying to think about anything else besides the burning house and the demons. 'Wait a minute he saved me' she thought to herself.

The garage doer opened and skyler sped out of the driveway and drove the direction we had been running. Julieanna didn't know where they were going but she felt safe especially knowing that he had saved her instead of giving her up to his kind.

"why did you save me?" julieanna asked skyler. She never stopped looking at him. She wanted to read him. His facial expression shifted a little bit. She could see that he showed that he cared in his eyes when he took a quick glimpse of julieanna and then he turned around so fast she wasn't sure if she'd actually seen it.

Skyler just looked at the road. He really didn't know how to answer that. He'd been keeping tabs on her until he had to move in. Then on the cliff being so close to her and feeling the way he did for her made him soft inside and made him want to keep her and out of harms way. 'but I was stupid enough to bring her to my home where I should have known better than to bring her cause that's the first place the demons check.' But he had known that she would be comfortable in that place. It was his angel parents' home. She'd still be able to sense their presant.

"you're my assigned mission..." skyler replied without cringing at his own words. He didn't want to show her his real emotions it would only put them in more danger.

He didn't really lie to her. She was his mission just not for the demons anymore; it would be his mission as a fallen angel wanting to do something right for once in his life. Even though he knows the demons aren't their only worry, the angels would be after him.