Chapter 25: NONSENSE

Start from the beginning

When I walk in I realize it’s a closet, “Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen more dark clothing.” I said commenting on the numerous shades of dark pants, shirts, dresses, shoes, everything.

“you should have seen it before, you would have needed sun glasses from all the colors, not one pair of black jeans.” Tristan laughs and Alexis nudge her,

“Where the others?” Lex ask

“ther-,” I begin but get cut off by Louis running in with a picture frame,

“Please tell me this is photo shopped, you did not meet Rampage Jackson!! (a/n a famous mma fighter)

“Yeah he was at my show in Europe; he actually gave me a boost in publicity by talking about me in his interview for a magazine.” She smiles as she shares the memory.

“That’s awesome, wow what a difference from the closet when you were uh…” Louis stops before he says it

“Living with you guys?” she smirks, “it is, I’m glad I met Tristan she really flipped the way I am. She’ll be with us on our trip to Vegas.” After Alexis says that Liam comes walking up stairs with the phone to his ear, when he reaches us he looks worried and stressed hanging up the phone.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him

“Paul called there’s crowd of people at our houses and it be a miracle not to get mobbed and it’s better to just get a hotel room.” He says stressed out than ever.

“A hotel room, why don’t you just stay here?” Alexis says catching us off guard and truthfully she looked like she caught herself off guard.

“I’m fine with that.” Zayn says

“Me too.” Niall adds, the rest of us just nod are heads.

Alexis’ POV

“Thanks again for letting us stay the night I hope we aren’t a bother.” Liam being Liam thanked me for the thousandth time, I wish I had control of the words that came out of my mouth, I didn’t know what I was thinking asking them to stay.

“It’s really no problem, uh can someone help me grab the cots (somewhat beds) from the third floor?” I asked they came with the house and figured why not.

“there’s a third floor?” Niall asked in surprise

“Yeah it’s a small place.” I shrug it off.

“I’ll help,” Harry practically jumped up “I-I mean if you don’t mind.” I feel awkward with Harry but how can I try and be friends with him and tell him no thanks, I just nod and lead him through the staircase behind a door.

When we come down with each a cot in our hands I lead him to my bed room.

“Is this your room?” he asks I set down the bed and dust off my hands and look around.

“Yeah why?”

“Just asking, we’re staying in your room?” he seems on edge.

“Well yeah you guys aren’t ruining my couches and if the legs on the beds scuff up my living room floor you guys will be out.” I kid but Harry doesn’t seem to see it as we walk up the stairs again, I stop mid way and turn around. “Harry I was joking I have no pets.” He smiles.

We finally get all the beds down and we’re 2 short. We walk down stairs and make a plan.

“Well El can sleep with me.” Louis says

“Okay that’s 1 out the way; I have no problem with a bed mate as long as uh never mind but a I’m fine sharing a bed.” I say I don’t think I’ll get much sleep tonight, ugh I’m so stupid why didn’t I remember, if they find out I’ll be pelted with questions.

“Dibs!” my heart almost dropped at the thought of Harry saying that, but luckily it was Liam to my surprise.”

We went to bed after 10. I pretended to sleep till I heard numerous snores and waited especially for Liam’s. When I finally did I got up and slowly made my way out the room hoping not to wake any of them. I shut my door and walk to the room I let no one in and thankfully I caught Harry just in time.

I scrabbled to place the letter and the razor in the envelope and tuck it behind the trophy boxes. I looked at the half full vodka bottle and debated whether or not to finish it off. I grab it and unscrew the cap, and open my journal. I haven’t written or drawn in it in a while and when Tristan left the first time it took a lot to get past the tenth page and start doodling.

I took a swig of the harsh liquor and finished drawing, I was afraid to go to bed or close my eyes because every time I did I had nightmares, they only started the day I left Carter’s couch and got enough money to get my own place. It’s the same one every night and I hated it because I tried everything, every remedy, even a therapist for a week; that was a waste of money.

I finished the drawing my hands scribbled not even realizing what I was even sketching. I looked down and saw the last thing I’d ever see, Harry’s hand holding mine. I took the last of the vodka and tossed the bottle not caring where it went as it made a thud sound against the carpet. I ran my hands over the lines I drew the locket on his hands and the freedom tattoo on mines.

Why, why did they have to come back? I love them but I was going to call when I was ready. I placed the book face down and lay down. With my ear to the floor hearing the house as it makes its own sounds. I fall asleep after minutes of trying to fight it.

“STOP!” I shot open my eyes to see Tristan leaning over me trying to wake me. I sigh and want to cry but Carter says crying is for the girl I who let everyone run her over.

“Did it happen again?” She says, I think Tristan is the only one I trusted to tell her the full story of my night terrors and let her in this room.

“Like every other night.” I huff and she helps me up.

“You reek of vodka,” she sees the bottle in the corner, “what happened?” She stops me from leaving and yanks me by forearm; she knows I had a drinking problem when I met her. I got depressed when I left Harry and Carter made me stop to get in shape but I kept it a secret and drink at home well till Tris found out.

“Is it too much with Harry around, did he say something to you?” she gave me no time to answer and the slight hangover was growing.

“Tris stop just I can’t get a good night sleep anymore every time I close my eyes it like the nightmare begins. I can’t take it and last night I didn’t even pay attention to my hand and drew Harry’s hand holding mine. Vegas is coming and that match is stressing me out.” I sigh

“Do you want me to call Carter and tell him you can’t come in?” we’re in the closet and she’s picking out my outfit today.

“I have meetings and photo shoots today remember, you’re still going right.” I asked her she nodded,

“What about them?” she gestures to the sleeping bodies across the floor in my room

“I don’t mind them; I trust they won’t set the house on fire.” Tristan laughs and hands me my clothes, I take a quick shower not bothering to do my hair and place it in a bun, the people at the photo shoot with end up doing my hair and makeup anyways.

I get up and Liam wakes a little do to the light coming from my bathroom, I quickly turn it off and crouch next to his face.

“Liam I’ll be out for a bit, I left the numbers you can reach me at on the table. You guys are welcome to stay as long as you like. The showers open and you guys can use if you like.” I whisper and start for the door, he just nods and closes his eyes.

Tristan is already at the door with my keys.