Chapter Sixteen: THTOSL

~Hurting John? Impossible... I think. -- Intimate cuddling by a drunken 'boy' and a surprising twist in a sleepover.~

The ride back was silent. I felt bad for putting him in this position. Then again, it was his fault for for even getting involved with me. I told him to leave me alone! And what did the stubborn boy do? He didn't listen. Me and John couldn't... I don't know anymore. When a familiar big building came into view, I sighed. John parked and I got off the bike.

"You gotta let me ride it some time." I conversated. I knew John had questions for me. Like from detention, me almost jumping off his mansion, about my -deseased- parents. About what happened at McDonalds... John got off his motorcycle.

"You rode on before?" He asked. I cupped my elbow and nodded,

"Yeah. I'm not very good, but I don't mind seducing another cop." I joked. He nodded and we walked up the path to the building.

"You need to get out of that habbit." I bit my lip at him words.

"I only did it twice before." I admitted.

"Oh yeah, because that not alot." He said sarcastically.

"It's not!" He shook his head at me.

"It's still not good." He reminded.

"Ditto." I said. He smiled me sheepishly as we came to the the main entrance.

"I only did it once." He muttered. I smiled to myself.

"Wanna promise not to do it again?" He asked.

"I'm serious about that kinda thing.." I mumbled slyly.

"Well, we just won't break it." He reminded. I grinned, linking my pinky with his.

"Okay repeat after me," John started. "I Samantha Lace,"

"I Samantha Lace."

"Will never seduce a cop."

"Will never seduce a cop." I repeated.

"Under any circumstances." He finished. I repeated it and our fingers broke apart. I opened my shirt, pulling the key out quickly, not giving a flash. When I turned my face to his I saw his smirk, telling me he saw just a peek. I shook my head mentally. Men. I stook the key in the door and it opened. I took a deep breath, turning my head back to thank him once more, his face was so close.

"Sam?" He asked. I closed my eyes.

"Yes?" I answered. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea, so I opened my green eyes that made John flinch when I did. 'Hm, weird.' My coscience said with a barely noticible sarcasm there.

"What... What happened.. In there?" He asked. I don't know what he was reffering to. Whether the almost kiss, C-..Christian, or my sudden snappy additude.

"I don't know, what did?" I replied. He rested his forehead agaisnt mine and my stomach tightned.

"Samantha." He warned, though it didn't sound threatning at all. His eyes looked at mine with the same itensity as the moment I woke up. I didn't want to look away, that would show I was indimadated. It turned into more of a staring match. I refused to look away first, simply refused. It was a two minutes later when neither of us moved.

A thought came to mind, one which would made sure I would win this little battle. Slowly, my eyes became as if I was looking upon someone. My eyes blazed and John's face turned. I smiled at the victory in my head. I was curious though, how did it work, why did he get..scared? My eyes softned when he looked back at me.