"I-I better go, I need to find Avery, Matt, and Colton," My voice cracked as I turned around and start running away from him with hot tears running down my face.

_________

As the cold metal made contact with my skin, a particular vibe entered my body. I knew something wasn't right, but I couldn't make my mind on what. 

I turned the doorknock and opened my siblings' room door expecting three kids laying on their beds. Instead, I found no one. Drawings were scattered around the floor, the beds had no covers on and their clothes were gone. 

My eyes were wide open and a heavy feeling formed on my stomach. After a couple of minutes reassuring myself that my siblings and Matt were fine, I decided to go look for them. 

I opened the door and as I was walking out, something collided with my body. My eyes moved down and found a little blonde kid.

"Em!" Colton yelled. 

He surrounded my legs with his arms as he hugged them tightly. 

I thanked God under my breath,  got down to his level and kissed his chubby cheek.

I couldn't believe this could be one of the last times I kissed his baby skin if I decided to leave with Ben.

"Colton, are you alright? Where's Matt and Avery?"

"Captain Weaver sent them with Lourdes and Anne to look for supplies in the underground," Colton explained as I tuck some of his long hair behind his ear.

"Underground? Do you mean the basement?"

"Yes! That thing."

"What's going on?"

"I think we are going somewhere else," Colton said. 

I stood up and extended my hand for him to take. I was planning on looking for Ben and Hal, but Colton had a better idea.

"Can we go with Tom? I'm scared," He said, taking my hand and interlacing our fingers. 

"Sure, let's go find Tom."

___________

"Captain! Captain, can you hear me?" I heard Karen's voice as I walked through the people who was gathered outside. 

We kept bumping into people until we finally spotted Hal. 

He was standing beside Weaver, behind the barrier made of old cars.

 Both of them pointed their guns at Karen and hid behind the metal junk. 

"What do you want Karen?" Weaver shouted over at her.

She was standing meter from us with a white flag over her and a line of mechs behind her. 

I chuckled in disgust, I couldn't believe she was so naive to think we were going to be fooled by her again. 

"One of your fighters has a message for you," Karen screamed over at us. 

Indmendiatly, bright lights coming from the mechs illuminated the area. 

I took Colton in my arms and he surrounded my neck with his arms and rested his body against my chest. 

"Close your eyes and think of all the great things we did with mom and dad," I whispered into his ear.

I kept walking until through the crowd until I was behind Hal. 

"Hey," I said.

"You're fine, you're fine," Kept repeating to himself as he hugged us tight.

"We're good," I smiled and kissed him briefly. 

Should I really go with Ben? I would miss him so much

I could feel as a tear came down my face.

Hal gave me a worried look, "Em, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

I hid behind the barrier with Colton still on my arms and looked at the horrible scene. 

From the side, a men came barely walking, his cloth was ripped and blood dripped from his forehead. 

As he walked closer to Karen, I looked closer and recognized his face. 

It was Boon, he had been part of Pope's gang. 

I had seen him patrolling a few times, I hadn't talked to him, but I knew he was a good guy, even if he was with the wrong poeple. 

The ground shook as the mech moved forward, stepping behind him. He moved his robotic arm up in the air and pointed. 

Boon started hobbling through the street towards us while he breathe with difficulty and held his hand against his chest. 

People started screaming and cheering at him to move faster, but we all knew it was coming. 

Shot after shot, Boon screamed in pain. Until he fell on the ground. 

Colton sobbed against my body while I cried against Hal's.

Tector started shooting, but those horrible creatures were far gone. 

Ben is right, Boon is dead because of us. But I won't let that happen again