Chapter 44: The Goodbye

Hi guys! I know I left you at a cliffhanger in the last chapter so I am going to be nice and let you read the chapter

Enjoy!

___

Chapter 44: The Goodbye

"Mr. Valdez has been in an accident. He's hurt" Angela's words struck me like lightening.

"What?" I choked out, not knowing how to behave anymore, the exhaustion wiped out from my mind.

"Miss Esme received a call, she was almost running out of the house, crying with her parents and Mr. Valdez's mom when she saw me and told me to tell you," She told me.

"Where did they go?" I asked her hurriedly.

"To the hospital nearby..." She was saying but I went back to my room and opened the closet and picked up my purse.

"I am going to the hospital, you take care of everyone," I told her and she nodded wordlessly.

Luckily, there was a car in the driveway, I saw the keys were on the dining table and grabbed them and ran towards the car, forgetting that my foot was sprained.

I knew which hospital they were talking about, it was the only hospital in the whole area. I parked in the car park and ran to the reception.

"Excuse me?" I asked panting to the receptionist.

"Si?" She asked me.

"Reya...Adreyan Valdez" I corrected myself.

"Si, si, accidente ...3a planta, numero de habitacion 301," She told me the he was on 3rd floor, room number 301, "Usted esta?" She asked me who I was and I didn't know what madness took over me.

"Wife, I'm his...esposa" I told her and getting a look of understanding from her and she nodded and I ran towards the lift. Maybe she didn't realize that I was talking about the resort king, Adreyan Valdez or she would have caught my lie easily.

I was breathless when I reached outside his room. Esme was outside the room with her parents, Reyan's mom nowhere in sight.

"Esme," I said quietly, grasping for air.

"Ariana, I am so glad you came" She cried and hugged me. Her parents looked at me with worry but I motioned for them that I got her.

I pulled away and took Esme aside from them. "Hush, he's going to be fine. Don't worry" I calmed her. "Now stop crying and tell me what happened," I asked her softly.

She wiped her tears and looked at me and sniffled, "I am sorry Ariana, I didn't know" She sobbed lightly.

"Why are you saying sorry Esme? What didn't you know?" I asked her in confusion.

"I...I heard you talking to Aide's mom. I didn't know what to do, I...was pacing in the corridor when...Aide asked me what happened and...I blurted everything. He was so angry, but I stopped him...from going to his mom. So he ran outside, grabbed the keys to his car and drove himself into that god dammed tree" She told me and my eyes widened in horror.

"What did you exactly tell him, Esme?" I asked her worriedly.

"Everything. I was coming to your room, but I saw Natasha talking to you loudly, so I hid and heard what you were saying, about you loving Aide and his mom hating you. You even called him by the name he mentioned that the girl of his dreams called him. I heard her telling you to back off so that he could marry me. Ariana, I was so nervous that I told him everything and he was so angry. I never saw him so angry, there was a maddened look on his face...I am so sorry" She started sobbing again and I had to pull her in an embrace to shush her.