Chapter 19 : When the Past Collides

Hi guys!

I am so happy today, my dear friend Shagun_ has finally resumed her story ' Memories eh? too overrated and its awesomer than before. 

Go check it out, the blurb is so intriguing and the story is very unique. She is one of my inspirations and I love her writing style very much. 

Now back to our story, here's the new chapter, I hope you guys like it.

Enjoy!

-----

Chapter 19: When the Past Collides

Around 11 the next day mom told me to go shopping and get myself a dress. Apparently Dad and Mom were here because their company has decided to partnership with Dad's long term friend Prithvi Singh Chauhan. There is a party next Saturday so that they could announce it officially and I being their daughter had to attend. I've met Prithvi uncle a few times but not much, I don't like parties but I promised mom and dad that I would go as Riya too agreed.

"So who is going with me?" I asked everyone while we sat in the living room watching creepy stuff on Discovery Channel.

"I have a project due tomorrow" Riya said, her eyes not leaving the television screen.

"I have a business plan to make" Dad said looking in his phone; he was mailing someone I think.

"Same here sweetie, I have to help your Dad" Mom said with a sorry smile.

"Means no one would go with me? How can I go dress shopping alone?" I said with a frown and then it struck me"Riya you have a few dresses right, lend me one" I told her.

She took her eyes of the show on the T.V and looked at me with her thinking face. "No" She said finally and looked towards the T.V again.

"But why?" I asked her "You have thousands of dresses, you can give me at least one" I countered.

"Sorry sis, the theme is pink and blue and I have only one pink dress which I am wearing, all other are black, red and beige. Blue doesn't suit me" She said pointing towards herself and went back into watching her show.

"What? There is a theme too, why?" I whined and crossed my arms against my chest.

"Stop acting like a child Ariana, parties like these always have a theme. Now go get a dress, take any of your friends with you" Mom said looking at the T.V.

I sighed and texted Mehr if she would go dress shopping with me. A few minutes later I got her message saying she, Rishabh, Anika and Ronit are going on lunch with their families and I face palmed.

"What happened now?" Dad asked seeing my reaction.

"Mehr, Rishabh, Anika and Ronit are with their families in a get together, no one is free" I told them with a sad face.

"Hey! Ask Nikhil" Riya suggested "He goes with me all the time, he has learnt everything about shopping now" She giggled.

"Good idea" I exclaimed and called Nikhil immediately.

"Hi Ariana" Nikhil said picking after the fourth ring.

"Hi Nikhil, are you free?" I asked him.

"Depends what you mean by free" Nikhil said and then I heard voices.

"I have to go dress shopping and no one is free, can you come?" I asked him.

"Oh Aru, I am not home right now I am at my Dad's office, I need some stuff for my project so I am studying the stats and all. It's due the day after, you want me to come, I can but it will take time to wind it all up" Nikhil said in a hurry and I got it that he was busy. Nikhil was very hard working when it came to work, be it projects or any assignment his Dad gave him.