Chapter 21: The Proposal

Hi to all!!

Finally the chapter that you have been waiting for.

I should warn you that I am no romantic person but I tried my best here. If you still don't like it do tell me.

And a big thanks for all the votes and views, its really encouraging when your story gets so many good reviews. Thanks a lot guys.

Now the next chapter, Ariana and Reyan's outfits above.

Enjoy!!

___

Chapter 21: The Proposal

The days went smoothly after the party and meeting Abhimanyu. We started talking time to time, he used to tell me what to do and what not to, soon I started seeing things I never did, like the secret smiles my parents sent each other, how guys noticed me and I even saw how Reyan acted when he was with me, he always smiled, he even laughed at my poor jokes and he always stayed close to me, I not quite understood the true meaning of it, I thought it was because I was his friend, but Abhimanyu did and he asked me to do what he told me.

It was the New Year's party at Mehr's when Abhimanyu called and Reyan was near me, when I hung up he asked me who it was and I told him it was Abhimanyu. He enquired about him and I told him he was a friend, not more, not less. I noticed Reyan getting irritated with that, I wanted to tell him everything about him but then Abhimanyu said I had to hide it till he proposed me. I wish that would happen soon as I didn't like lying to him.

The party went smoothly, it was amazing as Reyan and I danced the whole night together. I didn't know Reyan was such a good dancer, he was so graceful unlike me, I danced like a statue in front of him but he still complemented me. I noticed that except for me, Anika, Riya and Mehr, Reyan never talked to any other girl even when they approached him, it was weird but it did feel nice.

I enjoyed every bit of the night with Reyan, even when my heart was beating so hard thought the time he was near me, I wasn't even certain that it was normal or not when Reyan was near and after a while I figured that all my heart wants is to be a drum when and won't stop ever.

___

It was January 5, 2007, the day of the Annual Presentation. Finally all the work we had put in was going to pay off and I wished it would pay-off well. Everyone was busy since the morning, our Dean too was quite excited because of the play and he encouraged us before the show started.

"Okay guys, let's give our best and have fun!" Anika exclaimed encouraging the team after the dean left.

"Yes!" We exclaimed back with enthusiasm in unison.

I went towards the backstage from where I had to manage everything as the part of the assignment given to us and Mehr and Ronit were with the guests and Reyan was with Rishabh in the sound room till Mehr and Ronit came back. I felt that while I talked to him before Reyan was too nervous, more than I was. I wasn't sure why, I asked him but he refused saying that it was nothing, although he seemed a bit off. Before the show started I changed from my daily casuals to something presentable for when I go on the stage. I wore a dark mauve colored dress paired with black pumps and black earrings.

I went to the greenrooms checking everybody; I even saw mom and dad arriving at the auditorium but couldn't go and meet them. Soon the play started and from the audience's response even before the first half, I got to know that the show was a hit. When the play was almost going to end I felt Reyan standing beside me, I didn't need to turn to see it was him. I looked at him and found him smiling fondly at Riya and Nikhil on the stage. He wasn't looking at me so I took the opportunity to look at him clearly. He wore faded black jeans with a dark grey t-shirt and a black jacket paired with leather shoes, no need to add he was looking hot as it was obvious. I immediately turned my face towards the stage. I didn't want him to know I was staring at him.