Chapter 22 : First time in Forever (Part 1)

Hi guys!

I am so sorry for not updating earlier. I know I said I could update early this time but I couldn't because of the crazy work load on me. I don't think the updating schedule will live until my semester ends.

But hey its ending first week NEXT MONTH!! So the updates will be fast

Also I think I should divide this story in 2 parts PAST and PRESENT and the good news is I am few chapters short in completing Part 1 !!!

Enough of this, this chapter is divided into 2 parts, I am posting Part 1 now and Part 2 sometime midweek or maybe on Friday. You'll get the notif ;P

On to the chapter now

Enjoy!!

___

Chapter 22: First Time in Forever (Part 1)

We reached our apartment parking and I got off and looked up to see that Dad was in the balcony and saw us already, I was nervous about what he was going to say, he was the only one who didn't know about my feelings for Reyan and I had no idea how Dad would react about him being my boyfriend.

It felt so nice to even think that Reyan is my boyfriend; maybe he sensed my nervousness because Reyan intertwined our fingers, holding my hand in a tight, assuring grip calming my nerves. I looked up at him gratefully and he smiled.

"Shall we?" He asked giving me his brightest smile giving me a strange confidence and I nodded. We went upstairs and found the door was open; Reyan and I separated our hands and opened the door further to see Dad was standing right in front of us looking angry.

"What's the time Ariana?" He asked in an angry voice.

"I am sorry dad; we got into some... things and got late." I told him.

"Aryan, not now, they must be tired after the show, let's eat first" Mom said coming to Dad's side rescuing us and Dad nodded. "Come on you both" Mom said gesturing towards the dining table and then calling Riya and Nikhil who came out laughing at something.

"Aunty I...we wanted to tell all of you something" Reyan tried to say.

"Later, first have dinner" Mom said with a smile.

"Hey guys, you are here finally, you should have hurried" Riya said with a smirk and I knew she knew Reyan was going to propose me today.

"Sorry sister but the Dean called me, he wanted me to write the play for the Inter College play competition" I told her equaling her smirk.

"Really?" Riya asked her voice filled with surprise.

"Yeah, but I refused" I told her as we sat on the dining table.

Riya asked Reyan to sit beside me as she wanted to 'sit with Nikhil'. As if she would, they never sat together or they argue all the time. But Reyan obeyed her anyways and I knew why because he flashed his mischievous smile at me and an innocent one to everyone before sliding his chair closer to me. I shook my head at that.

"Why did you refuse Aru?" Nikhil asked.

"It's not really my thing Nik, this was just a story I wrote and Mehr gave it for the play, I never intended that. But I told him I would help in the next Annual Presentation" I told them.

"I am so proud of you my baby and you all did a fabulous job today, the show was amazing" Mom said as we ate and dad nodded but kept quiet. I was caught off guard as Reyan held my left hand under the table and intertwined it, I looked at him but he was eating his food with ease as if nothing happened, but a ghost of a smile appeared on his face. I tried to wriggle out my hand but it was useless.