Chapter 43: Skulls of the Past

Hi guys! 

My ankle is still not fine and so is Ariana's. Lol. A writer and character bond we share, hopefully we will be fine. 

This is a very important chapter and I know you were waiting for drama, so here it is!!

Enjoy!

___

Chapter 43: Skulls of the Past

"I told you I will keep an eye on you. You should have listened to me," Natasha De la Cruz said with a smirk, crossing her arms over her chest.

How long is this night going to be? I was exhausted, mentally as well as physically.

"Come in if you don't want anyone hearing this, please," I said weakly. Natasha De la Cruz glared me before brushing past me, deliberately pushing me from her shoulder making me stumble backward but I regained my balance.

"Don't act smart with me, Ariana, I know what you were doing at the dinner table. Don't you have the decency of at least acting like you are not that desperate?" She asked me as I closed the door and I was taken aback at her words.

"Ms. De la Cruz, I would say you should have talked to your son first before you came here and point a finger at my ethics. He started it and challenged me. It was a friendly game" I said with a shrug, I wasn't lying it indeed was a playful game. Which became something else later, but she didn't know that.

"Keep my son out of it!" She snapped.

"Yeah, just like you kept him out of it for four years," I said sarcastically. I was getting agitated.

"I did nothing wrong, you were ruining his life and he was too innocent to understand it. I had the opportunity and I took it" She said simply and I felt anger flare through me.

"Didn't you even think for a moment that how would your family feel about your decision? They loved you and Reyan, but you vanished from their lives just like that, taking Reyan with you. Nikhil and Reyan were more than just cousins and Raj Uncle was more than a step-father to him" I countered rather calmly despite my anger.

"His name his Adreyan, Adreyan Alejandro Valdez, not Reyan and it's none of your business to tell me what I should have done and what not" She snapped.

"It is my business. It is my bloody business and you made sure of that" I said angrily, my voice low and serious.

"Really? Oh yes, I did!" She said innocently, "I made your life miserable, didn't I? Wasn't it hard to live without the love of your life? Must have been very hard for you to repeat your heart- touching story again and again" She said in a sickly sweet voice angering me to no end. "You know, I like you better right now, at least, you have a backbone, rather than the days which you end up pathetically crying to no end" She added and I kept quiet, not wanting to say anything. "What? Cat got your tongue?" She mocked. "Your family tried to protect you, your father fought with me when I refused anyone to see Aide. I told him to back-off and warned him if he tried to do anything without my permission, I'll have him kicked out with a restraining order to keep you away. He was hell bent on changing my decision, but he had to back off because he loved you" She revealed.

My eyes widened, this was the part of the story I was unaware of. My dad did all that for me? For my happiness?

"I had no idea. I didn't even know Reyan was here until now" I said quietly.

"They did a pretty good job keeping you away from him. They must have thought that Aide will gain his memory soon and return back, but I obviously, didn't let it happen" She smirked and I frowned. What was she implying?