"what time you plan on coming over ?" he asked

"well Tristan dad is coming to pick him up for the weekend at 7 tonight, so ill say 8" when I mentioned that Tristan's dad was coming to pick him up I noticed him roll his eyes but I just ignored it.

"okay, don't be late "

"never late" i winked before we hung up .

"mmmm so shawty got a date tonight ... with a football player? Teach me " Jaz said standing up and walking over to me before sitting on my desk.

" i don't even know what ima wear.... my hair ain't done. and its not a date " i sighed as i put my head in my hands.

"look it's 5 right now .you go pick up Tristan from football practice and ill help you with your hair and your outfit. you can't blow this date cause you need a man " she said standing up. I was right behind her standing up shutting off my computer.

" I don't NEED a man." I said rolling my eyes.

"mhmm'

-------------------------------

I looked myself in the mirror impressed that Jazz had actually did a miracle on me. I smiled at her before grabbing her in a hug .

"you a life savor "I cheesed.

"I know I know " she cheesed. before I could talk the doorbell rang letting me know that Tristan's dad was here.

"Tristan put on your coat your father is here " I yelled as I walked out my room and down the stairs to open the door. I was greeted by a cheesing Trey.

"hey come in, Tristan is just putting on his coat." I said being friendly.

"damn .. you look good. where you going ?" he asked looking me up and down.

"out " I said rolling my eyes. he was cut off when Tristan ran down the stairs running into Treys legs hugging him.

"Hi daddy "

"wassup nugget , you ready to go ?" he asked as he picked him up . Tristan nodded.

"can I get a hug " I said sticking out my bottom lip. Tristan smiled as he nodded reaching out for me to grab him out his father's hands. he hugged me kissing my cheek in which I returned on his cheek.

"love you booba. be good okay?"

"love you too mommy and I will. " I placed him down as I watched Tristan head out the door.

"bye beautiful " Trey said smirking at me as he walked out and i rolled my eyes closing the door behind me.

Me and Tristan's father were together since we were in 9th grade. I was always into fashion and he wanted to blow up as a singer. i had gotten pregnant at 18 my senior year. When my dad found out was so upset that he had actually kicked me out the house and disowned me. my step mom went along with my dad given that was her husband and I wasn't really her biological daughter.

Trey had his own apartment and I ended up moving in with him. I had luckily received a full scholarship to PRATT university in Brooklyn NY. it was a big fashion design school and it was the start of my career. well in between me taking care of my son, working, and planning my career in college Trey had cheated on me with a girl that had worked with him at the studio and she had gotten pregnant. he says it's because he felt neglected by me but that wasn't any excuse.

when I found out I had saved enough money to move into a small apartment in Brooklyn. it wasn't the best but it was all I could do at the time. I had graduated college 2 years early due to me continuing my education through the summer. They provided me with an intern job and BOOM after that the designer I worked for helped me get my own business going. Tristan dad was still a struggling singer and still is to this day. waiting on his big break. we are on friendly bases even though he still try's to make smart remarks to get back with me, but i ain't having that .