Crash.

Crash. A free verse poem.

Crash.

You stare at the broken pieces of the vase you just dropped.

What was once beautiful and whole is now shattered.

You start to pick up the pieces and glue them back together.

Eventually, the vase is whole again, full of cracks, of scars, but it is holding together.

Except those microscopic pieces that you missed, that have left tiny holes, missing pieces.

Crash.

Someone broke that vase again.

You pick up the pieces, gluing them together.. But the scars run deeper now, the cracks big and jaggered.

Some more parts are missing, you can't glue those pieces back together.

You can noticeably see the holes now.

But the vase is together again.

Crash.

You close your eyes, knowing what is coming.

You see the vase. Lying in tatters.

Broken. Shattered. Destroyed.

There are to many pieces now, you don't know what goes where, you don't know how to fix the damage.

You want to fix it.

You want to glue it back together.

You want the pieces to just fit again.

But you've run out of glue. You don't even know where to start anymore.

You gather up the pieces and try.

You work for hours. Days. Weeks. Months.

Slowly, you start building the vase again, from the ground up.

You pour everything you have into it. All your love, all your devotion, all your time, your entire being.

You manage to get the vase back together.

Chunks are missing, cracks fill it and some parts are so jagged, it pains you to touch them.

But you did it. You didn't fix it, because that is impossible. But you picked up the pieces that everyone else avoided.

You cared enough to give that vase everything you had. You devoted your time to that vase. And it was worth every heartbreaking second.

Crash.

****

Thank you for reading :)

Let me know what you think :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me :D

- Jade xx