Out of Time 2

STAR Labs

"So Clyde had a brother?" Caitlyn said trying to contemplate it.

"And he's after me." Dakota replied turned away from the monitor. "Well the coroner didn't give a name but Mardon will figure it out that it's me."

"In the meantime you need to stay where I can protect you." Barry nudged her lovingly.

"Yeah yeah I know." Dakota grumbled sitting down in a chair. 

"The Mardon brothers survived the plane crash and we're effected the same way." Wells anounnced. "Fascinating."

"Mark's was more centralized. He could control it inside." Barry added.

"So running in the opposite direction of a tornado might not work this time?" Joe asked.

"No. But shooting him full of arrows might." Dakota put her feet up on the table as Joe glared at her. "I'm being serious."

"Clyde Mardon almost killed me if it wasn't for her." Barry kissed the top of her head. 

"I just remembered something. I was working on a mechanism. To take Weather Wizard's powers away. Clear skies. I've been waiting since week one to use that." Cisco smiled clearly proud of himself.

Joe's phone beeped, "Captain's checking in. I'll see you later."

Dakota's phone rang as well, "Hello?"

"We need to train. Tonight." Nyssa said into the phone.

"I can't. My knee is still screwed up and a crazy metahuman is hunting the vigilante. I have to be on the down low." Dakota replied glancing at the group.

"We can take care of that problem for you." Nyssa argued. "You know we can."

"I know." Dakota hung up the phone.

"I wanted to talk to you about something else." Barry told Wells. "Last night when I was on my way to the morgue I saw myself. Like another Flash running beside me."

"Well it could be the reflection the light and the particles to create a speed mirage if you will." Wells explained.

"A shadow." Dakota added. "Cool."

Precinct

"We're going to call a few known associates to see if Mardon will get in touch." Joe explained.

"Get on it." Singh said. The four of them went to leave but Singh called Dakota back. "I'm not an idiot. People suspect you could be the vigilante."

"Because I'm good with a gun?" Kota chuckled. "Okay. What's your point?"

"I don't care if you are or not. I really don't. But Mardon will be targeting the vigilante and if you are, stay away from this case as much as possible." Singh ordered. "For yours and Barry's sake. Even Cooper's."

"Um...okay...well Cooper is at home for the day. Still healing a little." Dakota replied leaving the office.

"Let's go for lunch." Barry suggested.

In the Car

Dakota licked her fingers, "Mm Big Belly Burger. Good idea."

"So what did Captain want?" Barry asked eating a few fries.

"He said he wasn't an idiot and didn't care if I was the vigilante or not just wanted me to stay away as far as possible from the case. All because I'm good with a gun." Dakota explained shrugging.

Rain started pouring on the car.

"Um...it's supposed to be clear today." Kota murmured setting her burger down.

Barry stopped the car and suddenly they were outside in the grass with the car on fire.

Dakota yelped in pain and grabbed her knee, "Damnit Barry that hurt!"