Fastest Man Alive 2

Barry skidded to a stop in the center of the lair. Dakota was sitting in a chair facing away from him. She was in a sports bra and her shoulder blade was bleeding next to a wolf tattoo. Her hair was pulled over her other shoulder revealing a black dragon spiraled tattoo on her neck.

"I need you to dig out the bullet and patch me up. I can't reach it." Kota murmured sounding in pain.

Barry slowly walked up to her and grabbed the tweezers, "This will probably hurt."

He dug the tweezers into her shoulder and grabbed the bullet. Kota groaned in pain as Barry dropped the bullet into a dish. He grabbed the needle and stitching thread and began patching up her shoulder.

"Why didn't you come to the lab?" Barry asked.

"I don't trust your buddies yet." Kota replied grimacing in pain.

Barry finished up and cut the thread, "There. All done."

Dakota stood up and faced him, "Thank you..."

Barry grabbed her waist and pulled her close, "I believe I should be thanking you...again."

Dakota giggled, "You're welcome...again."

Barry leaned in so close their foreheads were touching, "I don't like seeing you hurt."

Dakota smiled, "I'm fine. I didn't even realize I got shot."

Barry leaned in closer and kissed her, gently. Kota snaked her arms up his torso and around his neck. Barry pushed her over to a table and set her on top, continuing to kiss her.

Dakota reluctantly pulled away, "We should go to work..."

Barry frowned and adjusted his shirt that was ruffled by Dakota's hands, "Fine. Get dressed."

Kota jumped from the table and shed the rest of her suit. She got dressed and grabbed her hat. Dakota and Barry headed back to the precinct.

"You should go to STAR Labs. See why you passed out." Dakota insisted.

Barry frowned, "Cover for me." He took off.

Dakota sat in her chair and started researching the Arrow some more. Turns out this guy used to be a killer until the big fake earthquake destroyed the Glades. Except this one time he killed a drug dealer named the Count to save Felicity Smoak.

It was the end of the day and Barry still hadn't returned. Dakota grabbed her jacket and headed home. She texted Barry, I'm going home. Feel free to come by.

After a ten minute walk to her apartment building Dakota walked up three flights of stairs to her apartment. She unlocked the door and headed inside. Kota flicked the switch on to see Barry sitting on the couch.

"How did you get in here?" Kota asked.

"I can do this fancy hand thing. Pretty cool." Barry replied standing up.

"What do you want for dinner?" Dakota asked taking off her coat and hanging it up.

He shrugged, "I could go for some pizza."

"You're in luck I have pizza in the freezer." Dakota smiled and went into the kitchen.

She grabbed the pizza and put it in the oven.

"Hey what's in the DVD player?" Barry turned it on and clicked play.

"No no no don't-" Dakota was too late.

The disc started to play; it was home movies she had of her and her parents.

"Kota why do you have this in there?" Barry murmured looking at her. It took him a minute to realize, "Oh...is that why you have their badges tattooed on both sides of your collarbone?"

Dakota nodded and looked away from him, "You know I don't like to talk about that night..."

Barry stood up and hugged her, "I know..."