Going Rogue

Later That Night

Barry and Dakota were at Iron Heights sitting in front of Henry Allen, Barry's father. Barry and Dakota picked up the phones.

"Joe's going to be okay." Barry spoke first.

"Good. And Dakota how is the-"

"Barry knows." Kota smiled. "I told him a few weeks ago."

"You told my dad about your night time activities?!" Barry was shocked.

"I needed someone to confide into." Kota chuckled.

"You know I've been thinking about Mom. I miss her." Barry murmured.

Dakota looked down at her hat in her lap and leaned against Barry with tears in her eyes.

"Did I ever tell you about the first time you learned to walk? All the kids in the neighborhood were walking including you Dakota and I was so worried. But your mom kept saying 'He'll walk. He'll walk when he has some place to go.' And sure enough you did. Your legs moved so fast you didn't walk you-"

"Ran." Barry finished.

Dakota smiled and hung up the phone to let the father and son talk.

Time Skip (in Weeks?)

Barry was zooming around the Cortex playing ping pong with Cisco, chess with Dr. Wells, and Operation with Caitlyn. Dakota would be there but she was chasing down a robbery in broad daylight.

Two motorcyclists were hooking up tow lines to an armored car. The tow truck lifted the car in the air and the guards braced themselves. The motorcyclists ripped the doors open and threw the guards to the ground.

They were about to shoot them but Dakota fired arrows into their shoulders. Another man froze the armored car door with liquid nitrogen. Dakota stopped her motorcycle and aimed an arrow at the guy.

"Armored truck robbery!" Cisco anounnced looking at the monitor.

Barry ran out of the Cortex.

The man was about to breach the truck but Kota shot an arrow into his leg making him fall to the ground. Dakota felt a bullet go into her back and she fell to the ground.

Barry appeared at a good time; he knocked the man that shot her to the ground. The men jumped on their bikes and sped away.

Barry knelt beside her, "You okay?"

"I'm fine." Dakota stood up and placed her hand on the wound.

"Now can we tell STAR Labs? Caitlyn will be able to fix you up." Barry asked.

"Fiiiine. But put my bike back first." Kota insisted.

Barry took the bike back to the lab and came back to the street. He gently picked up Dakota and took her to STAR Labs. He set her down and wrapped his arm around her waist.

He brought her in, "Caitlyn get the needle ready."

"Hey guys..." Dakota murmured not taking off her hood yet.

Barry set her on the bed, "GSW to the right lower back."

"You're gonna need to take off the hood..." Caitlyn murmured ready with tweezers and a needle.

Dakota unzipped the jacket and pulled the hood down, "It's me..."