Chapter 17: Complicated.

Matias

Okay, how do I bring it up? How do I say I love you without sounding completely insane?
Aurora: "Ah, I'm done" she said satisfied. "I'm full!"
Me: "Me too" I said looking at her. "oh? Aurora-" I laughed before I could I finish my sentence.
Aurora: "What is it??" She said confused
Me: "bwahaha" I kept laughing.
Aurora: "What's so funny?!" She smiled
Me: "Your mouth" I chuckled. "Here." I said while touching the corner of her lips removing the ice cream.
Aurora: "Oh, thanks." She smiled.
Me: "Want to go?"
Aurora: "Ah-yeah let's go."

Aurora

I thought we were going to talk about the song, and what it meant. But I guess not? .
Should I bring it up?
Matias: "Want me to walk you home?"
Me: "Sure." I smiled. (Start the song)
Matias: "Aurora...I owe you an explanation..." He said looking down. "It's about the song I wrote and performed in school. Do you remember?" He said looking at me.
Me: "Yes I do."
Matias: "I wrote it for you." He stopped walking. "The truth is I've loved you since the day we met. I couldn't men up to my feelings for you, for so long I've been afraid that you don't feel the same for me. But I can't hold it in anymore." He said grabbing my hand. "I love you Aurora." my heart started to pound. "If you don't feel the same then, I'll wait for you."
Me: "Matias, our friendship-"
Matias: "I know what you're thinking, you don't want to lose our friendship. But I think it's worth it." He said walking towards me. "So worth it." He said touching my cheek.
Me: "Matias, I need time." I said grabbing his hand.
Matias: "Okay, like I said, I'll wait for you." He said looking at me with a serious expression. "Always." He said looking at me.

Matias: "You should go inside, it's been a long day

Matias: "You should go inside, it's been a long day." He said giving me a tight hug.
Me: "Okay..."

*In my room*

What just happened?
I touched my chest, and I could feel my heart pounding.
I laid down and started thinking about what Matias said.
I can't go out with him. I'm not attracted to him, not that way. I can't risk our friendship. I can't, what if we break up? Our friendship would be gone, we won't be the same. Why did he have to like me? Maybe I'm destined to be with Matias? Should I give him a chance? He's nice, and he's supportive, and always there for me. I mean if we break up our friendship won't be the same, but that already happened. Our friendship is not the same. But still, i can't. Why can't I see us together? What's wrong with me? Mason...huh?! Why did I just think about him?! What does Mason even have to do with all of this? Why is it so hot in here?
I walked towards my bedroom window and opened it. I saw Mason in his room listening to music.
I paused.
Mason...are you the reason why I can't give Matias an opportunity?
I stood there and looked at him.
I think he fell asleep listening to music, haha. He can be so adorable sometimes.
Me: "Snap out of it" I closed my eyes, and walked away from the window and laid down again.
No, I can't keep ignoring this. Maybe I do like Mason. He frustrates me so much, but I think about him all the time. He can be so mysterious which makes me want to know more about him. He can be so cold and mean, but as I got to know him I saw that he just had trouble expressing himself. I fell for him. I guess the question is not whether I like Mason or not...the question is what I'm going to do about it. Do I follow my brain and give an opportunity to Matias and ignore my feelings for Mason?, or Do I follow my heart and be with Mason?. But then again, what if he doesn't feel the same way?
Me: "Aghh!!" I shouted . "Boys are so complicated!, Aish!" I said getting out of bed. I went downstairs to see if my parents were home yet. "Mom? Dad?"
I guess they're not home?
*knock-knock*
Who is it? Oh wait I have to say it aloud for them to listen lol
I walked towards the door and checked who it is.
Mason!? Okay let's not open the door. I'm just going to pretend I'm not not here..
*knock-knock*
Mason: "Aurora are you there?" Shouted Mason across the door. I covered my mouth with both of my hands and put my ear next to the door so I can hear him better.
Mason: "I guess she's not here...maybe I should call her?" He said across the door. I opened my eyes wide thinking "oh no" and immediately took out my phone out of my packet to put the volume down but it was too late.
*Ring-Ring*
My heart leaped.
Mason: "Huh? Aurora are you there? Open the door you little mouse!"He teased.
Me: "Mouse?!" I shouted across the door realizing I just gave away the fact I was in the house. "I can't let you in" I said regaining my composure.
Mason: "Why not?" He chuckled.
Me: "I just got out of the shower, I'm naked!" I said covering my mouth hoping it will hold in my laughter.
Mason: "Ahh-you're right no one wants to see that." He awkwardly chuckled.
Me: "Exactly, so bye!"
Mason: "Fine, but call me!" He said before leaving.
Me: "Phew!!" I sighed with relief.
I really don't want to go to school tomorrow...