Chapter 16: Ice Cream.

Mason

When I saw Matias I didn't know what to think.
Matias: "Hey, you're alive. Haha"
If this is a joke, he's horrible.
Me: "Barely."
Matias: "Yeah, um...Mason, I-I-"
Is he trying to apologize or something?
Mason: "Most be hard for you since you hated my guts since the day you saw me, and you don't even know me."
Matias: "I don't think I hated you for you, I think I hated you because of her. I-I'm really sorry, Mason."
Mason: "I get you like her."
Matias: "I do, but I messed up my chances the moment I fought with you."
How can he admit it so easily?
Matias: "I should go." He said and then walked away.
Mason: "Hey, Matias, I forgive you."
He paused and closed the door behind him.

I was later released from the hospital. I was on some painkillers for a week or so. I was told to stay a home for a day or two to get some rest. Aurora came to see me everyday to check on me. I didn't want to tell her it wasn't a big deal because I was afraid she would stop coming, and she was the best part of my day. I hated to stay at home alone. The house felt so empty, but that was gone when she came.

Aurora

It's been 3 days since the fight, Matias and I have talked since then, but never like before. We haven't talked about that song. Honestly, I can't really stop thinking about it. I can't help but feel curious. (Start song)
Matias: "Hey Aurora, can we meet today at Wayn's Ice Cream Shop?"
Wayn's Ice Cream Shop was our favorite hang out since we were kids. We always went there and had different ice cream flavors into one. It was the best part of my day.
Me: "Sure, what's this about?" I asked curiously.
Mason: "Something we didn't talk about, well more like couldn't talk about..." He said looking down.
D-Does he mean the song?
Me: "Oh?" I said nervously .
Matias: "Don't pretend you don't know," he said walking closer and closer to me. "You forget I know you better than anyone else."
Me: "Ah-Haha" I said while walking back away from him. "you're right I forgot for a second there-hehe" I said nervously.
Matias: "You're cute." He said stopping and smiling at me. "I'll see you after class then." He said walking away.
I stood there dumbfounded. W-What was that about? Matias never acted this way.

School came to an end. As I walked out of class Matias was waiting for me in front of my locker.
Me: "I thought we were going to meet over there"
Matias: "Nah, we can go together." He said grabbing my hand.
W-What's this?
Me: "U-um"
Matias just smiled, and kept walking.
On our way there, Matias and I talked about our memories together, how much we had being with each other. I didn't notice how much I missed Matias. I hanged out with Mason most of the time since the fight, it feels nice hanging out with him. Matias didn't let go of my hand until we got to Wayn's Ice Cream shop.
Matias: "Can I get one mint chocolate ice cream, and a caramel ice cream please."
Waiter: "Sure thing sir. Will that be all?"
Matias: "Um." He said turning to look at me. "Do you want anything else?"
Me: "Oh, no that's it" I smiled
Matias: "Okay, that will be all then." He said turning to the waiter.
Waiter: "Very well sir." He said taking the menus with him.
Me: "Thank you." I said to waiter. "I thought you wouldn't remember my favorite ice cream flavor" I smiled.
Matias: "How could I forget? No one likes chocolate mint ice cream, you're the weirdo that does" he teased.
Me: "Ey! Chocolate mint ice cream happens to be very delicious for your information." I chuckled. "Plus, how can you not like something you haven't tasted?"
Matias: "You have a point." He smiled. "I'll try it when they give it to us, happy?" He gave me a teasing smile.
Me: "Yes I am." I smiled.
Waiter: "One chocolate mint ice cream, and a caramel ice cream." said the waiter putting the ice creams on the table.
Matias: "Thank you"
Me: "Hm wow. Thank you." I said satisfied.
Waiter: "You're welcome, enjoy." He smiled and walked away.
Matias: "Okay, let me try the chocolate mint ice cream."
Me: "That's cute, haha. You thought I was going to share my ice cream?" I gave him a teasing smile.
At that moment, he's expression and smile after I said that gave me butterflies.

Matias: "C'mon" he chuckled

Me: "Fine, but you have to give me some of yours too!"
Matias: "Okay okay." He laughed.