Chapter 5: Neighbors?!

Aurora

The bell finally ringed! Gesh, It felt like it took forever.
I looked behind me, and saw Mason packing his stuff.
I should pack too.
When I was done packing, Mason started walking up to me so we could go together. Matias was still packing his books.
I didn't know how to tell Mason that Matias would accompany us. Before I knew it, Mason was already standing next to me. I never noticed how tall he was, he was a 6'2.
Before he could talk to me, Mrs.Ryan interrupted us.
She asked me to stay after class to talk to her for a minute. I smiled at Mason, and Matias reassuring them I was going to be okay, and that they should leave.
When they left Mrs.Ryan told me I was caught distracted must of the her class period.
Mrs. Ryan: "You wouldn't stop looking at the clock, Ms.Kaniel." She said in a disproving tone. Yes, my name is Aurora Kaniel.
Me: "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I also apologize for making you feel disrespected." I said feeling guilty.
Mrs. Ryan: "Go ahead, you may head home" She said satisfied.

(Start playing the song if you want to get the feels.) When I headed out of the classroom I looked around to see if Mason was waiting for me, but he wasn't there anymore.
I got out of the school feeling disappointed, as I kept walking, I was surprised to see Mason leaning his back on a tree (picture above) waiting for me. His intense stare made my heart pound, I couldn't take my eyes of him. I had never seen him smile like that. He looked different, a beautiful kind of different.

Mason: "Ready to go?" He said with a smile in his face that made my heart go wild.
Me: "Yeah, and thank you by the way" I said looking down.
Mason: "For?"
Me: "Waiting for me." I said looking up at him with a smile in my face.
Mason: "Whatever, I just want to get this over with" he said looking away.

What's this feeling?

Mason

While walking out the class...
I wonder why Ms.Ryan asked her to see her after class. I wonder if she's okay. I should wait for her in the schools entrance. After all, we need to get started on that project, or we'll fall behind.
At the school entrance...
I saw her walking out of the schools building, she looked unbelievably beautiful. The way the sun surrounded her, from her beautiful brunette hair, to her slim, small body. She was irresistible. I couldn't help but smile when she looked at me, my heart burned with excitement, and desire. Adrenaline ran through my body, I never felt more alive.
I can't understand what I'm feeling. But I know, that I can't stay away from her anymore. I don't want to. She gave me a feeling I couldn't quite describe.

Aurora

Walking home...
I wonder what happen with Matias, why didn't he wait for me too? He said he was coming with us...
Me: "Did you see Matias by any chance?" I asked.
Mason: "No. Why?" He said looking at me with a serious expression.
Me: "Um...he was supposed to accompany us..."
Mason: "Is he your body guard or something?" He asked.
Me: "No, I wonder where he is..." I said with a worried tone.
Mason: "Then what is he to you?" He said with a serious expression, looking straight at my eyes. His stare was lonely, yet hopeful.
Me: "He's my best friend, my brother, my home..." I said looking up at him.
Mason: "Your home..." He said looking down smiling, has if he came to realize something...
Is he okay? Why did he ask me? I should leave it alone...

Mason

I didn't like that she asked me about Matias, but I need to know more about their relationship.
Me: "Then, what is he to you?" I asked with a serious tone, examining her expression.
Aurora: "He's my best friend, my brother, my home..." She said looking up at me with a curious expression.
I was relieved.
Me: "Your home..." I said smiling, that's how I felt when I was with her, I was at home, I didn't feel alone. I guess because despite my attempts to get away from her, she kept fighting for me. Nobody has ever done that. She's quite the bothersome girl.

Aurora

As we got to my house, I saw Matias standing in front of my house.
Matias: "I was waiting for you." He said with a smirk on his face looking at Mason.
Mason: "He came after all..." He said rather annoyed and disappointed.
Me: "Yeah, you came!" I said with a smile on face.
Mason: "humph." He muttered annoyed.
Matias: "Of course I did." He smiled back at me.
Mason: "This is where you live?" He asked me looking around the neighborhood.
Me: "Yeah, this is my house, why?." I said curiously.
Mason: "I live next door." He said with a smirk on his face.
Me: "Huh?!" I said with my eyes wide open.
Suddenly I felt someone's hand on my wrist with a tight grip.
Matias: "I..." He said while holding at my wrist looking confused.
Mason seemed like he was enjoying himself.
Me: "Matias, are you okay?" I said worried. He looked rather pale.
Matias: "Let's just go inside." He said letting go of my wrist.

Mason

I didn't noticed my surroundings because I was so focused on my thoughts and talking to Matias and Aurora. But when I did, everything felt familiar. I was surprised, well, rather excited that we lived right next door.

Matias

When Mason said they were neighbors, I felt worried, and heavy. Before I knew it, I was holding Aurora's wrist. I wasn't surprised at my reaction. I felt like I was going to lose her.
In Aurora's room...
Mason: "This is your room?!" He said surprised
Me: "Yeah, this is it. Why?" Aurora asked curiously.
Mason: "That's my room over there..." He said pointing his finger as Aurora got closer to her bed room window.
No. Their bed room windows are in front of each other?!
This is was a chance for them to get closer, I didn't like it.