Chapter 14: Confession

Matias

Mr.Brick: "Wow, thank you. I certainly didn't expect such a beautiful performance." He said praising Mason and Autora. "Please, go ahead and take a sit. Now, everyone settle down, the next person will be....Matias, and Sabrina"
Matias: "Sabrina texted me today telling me she wasn't feeling well, and she had to stay home, so I'll be singing and playing the guitar."
Mr.Brick: "I see, well you'll be the only one that will receive credit for the performance."
Matias: "She should receive part of the credit, after all she helped me compose the music." Actually, she did help me a little but with it.
Mr.Brick: "I see. Okay, I'll give her partial credit." He said nodding in agreement. "Okay, you may start you performance."
I felt anxious. The song that I wrote for the project was my confession to Aurora. Yes, the song wasn't for the project, but Aurora.
I tuned my guitar, and looked at her before I started singing.
Gosh, I shouldn't have done that. Now I'm more nervous.
She's so beautiful. (Picture above) I started playing the guitar, I looked at her (start the music) and started singing.
Well, let me tell you a story
About a girl and a boy
He fell in love with his best friend
When she's around he feels nothing but joy
But she was already broken, and it made her blind
But she could never believe that love would ever treat her right
Did you know that I loved you or were you not aware?
You're the smile on my face, and I ain't going nowhere
I'm here to make you happy
I'm here to see you smile
I've been wanting to tell you this for a long while
Who's gonna make you fall in love?~

Aurora

When he started singing, he didn't take his eyes of me. It was like he was singing to me. My heart fluttered to his voice, his lyrics. I could see, and feel all his emotions being transmitted to me.
Matias....
I don't know what this meant. I feel confused.
What should I do? What does this mean?
If this lyrics were meant for me, does this mean Matias is in love with me?

I can tell you're afraid of what this might do
Cause we got such an amazing friendship and that you don't want to lose
Well, I don't want to lose it either~

He's passionate blue eyes, and beautiful smile made me blush with embarrassment.

Mason

He's confessing his emotions to her. I wasn't just mad, I was angry, but mostly I felt worried. I was afraid that her heart could be taken away. I was afraid that she might fall for him. I hated the idea of her being with another guy. I hate the thought of her being in love with anyone else but...me.
What does this mean? Do I...l-love her? Is this what it feels like? What should I do? How do I tell her? Do I tell her?
My head was going round and round, it couldn't make up its mind on what action to take.

Aurora

Matias was done singing.
Mr.Brick: "I see this performance wasn't only for a grade..." He said raising his eyebrows looking at me.
Well, isn't this embarrassing.
Matias: "Yes...sir." He said with a smile in his face looking at me.
I looked away, and blushed. Matias walked towards me, and sat behind me. I could feel his stare on me, it made me nervous, and anxious.
*Ringggggg*
Class was over, my heart was pounding at the unexpected. I didn't know what was going to happened.
Mr.Brick: "Aurora, can you stay after class? I need to talk to you."
Me: "Yes, of course." I said without hesitation. I didn't want to confront Matias about what the song was about. I was afraid of what it meant...our friendships means too much for me, I can't risk it. I just don't know what to do, or what action to take.
Mr.Brick: "Your performance was outstanding, Ms.Kaniel. I was truly impressed."
Me: "Oh, thank you."
Mr.Brick: "Tell me, how would you like to sing in the assembly?" He said hoping for me to say yes. I was truly surprised. Me? Singing not only in front of students, but parents and teachers?!. I was nervous.
Me: "When is the assembly?" I asked anxiously.
Mr.Brick: "Let's see...it's in 3 weeks." He said while looking at the calendar. "So, what do you say Ms.Kaniel?"
Me: "Oh um...I-I" I stuttering.
What should I do? What if I blow it?
I need to start taking risks, I believe I can do this. I've got this.
Me: "Yes, I'd love to." I said in determination.
Mr.Brick: "Now that's what I wanted to hear!" He said in excitement. "Hmpm. I mean, that's great to hear Ms.Kaniel." He said regaining his composure.
Lol I've never seen him like this.
Me: "Haha, no problem." I smiled at him. "I should probably go to my locker...so-"
Mr.Brick: "Yes! Of course. Go ahead." He interrupted me. "I hope you won't be late to class, I apologize."
Me: "Oh no, it's fine. Getting my stuff from my locker doesn't take long." I said with a reassuring smile.
Mr.Brick: "That's good to hear." He said with relief.
I headed out of the classroom, I saw someone waiting for me at the door.