Chapter 1: Today,different than Yesterday.

"Everyday was the same, until I saw you. I didn't know it then."
                                                                                                        -Aurora

Aurora

The bright sun shined in my face, it was another Monday morning in California. I was so tired, I stayed up late last night talking with Matias on the phone trying to help him make sense of the homework. Matias is my child hood friend, my brother. He always called me to help him with his homework, often times he came to my house, we had all classes together, he was my best friend.
*Knock-Knock*
Me: "Who is it?" I said with my sleepy voice, making it obvious I just woke up.
Mom: "Honey, breakfast is ready, get out of bed or you'll be late!" My mom shouted across the door.
Me: "I definitely don't want that" I said sarcastically.

Today is the begging of another year in high school, I'm junior now, it's hard to believe I'm not a sophomore anymore.
I attend to EastWood High, one of the most privileged school a student can attend. It was hard for me, and my family to afford such a place, since is private. Luckily, my father was promoted, he was now manager of a big company. He received a lot more money then he did before. My family is pretty normal, and simple. We live in a very quiet neighborhood, nothing interesting happens around here.

I opened my bedroom curtains to let the light of the sun brighten my room. I was surprised to see someone next door was starting to move in. The house next door had been empty for only two months. I wasn't expecting someone to move in so fast. I decided not to make a big deal out of it, I brushed my teeth, showered, and brushed my hair. I walked downstairs to see my parents watching the news while drinking coffee.

Dad: "Good Morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" Said my dad with a smile on his face.
Me: "Good Morning, and I slept pretty great, I have a feeling it'll be a great day" I said cheerfully.
Dad: "That's good to hear sweetheart."
Mom: "There's blueberry pancakes on the counter, you're favorite" Said my mom while pointing at the pancakes.

I jumped with excitement. I love  blueberry pancakes, when I was a little I went a whole week eating nothing but pancakes. Wasn't good for my body, since I looked like a walking mash mellow, but it was so worth it.

Me: "Yes!" I said with excitement.
Me: "Oh hey, mom, dad, do you know anything about our new neighbors? I saw them moving in this morning."
Mom: "Oh yes, I forgot to tell you, they bought the house 3 days ago, I guess they started to settle in."
Me: "Yeah, I guess so. It's a bit too early though, don't you think?"
Mom: "Well, it all the depends on the person"

*Ding-Dong*

Me: "I'll get it~"

I opened the door to see Matias.
Matias was 6'0, he was a giant next to me. I was a 5'4. He was had blonde short hair, firm body, and dark blue eyes.
He came to my house every morning to pick me up, and from time to time even had breakfast with us, he was like family.

Matias: "Hey, ready to go?" said Matias with a smile on his face.
Me: "What are you talking about is barely-" I looked at the clock and it was already 7:45, the bell ringed at 8:15. If we didn't leave now, we would be late.
Me: "Jesus Christ!. Let me grab get my backpack~" I said has I ran upstairs.
Matias: "Hurry!" He shouted with a smile in his face.
I ran upstairs and got my backpack.
Me: "Let's go." I said once I was downstairs.
Matias: "Yes, sir."
Me: "Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I shouted has I closed the door behind me.
Mom: "Honey you forgot to eat your panc-, and she left"

Matias

There she was, her innocent, beautiful face, stared up at me with a smile on her face. I will never get tired of seeing her smile. She was quite the dime. She was the only girl who could make me smile for no reason.

Me: "Hey, ready to go?" I said with my, oh so loud pounding heart.
Aurora: "What are you talking about is barely-" Said Aurora while looking at the clock with a surprised face. "Jesus Christ! Let grab my backpack" She said while running upstairs to her room, she was always like this. She was quite forgetful, somehow I found that amusing of her.
Me: "Hurry!" I shouted while I smiled.
I don't know why I couldn't stop smiling whenever she was around. Wait, actually I know why.
Aurora: "Let's go." She said walking down the stairs.
Matias: "Yes, sir." I said jokingly

When we were leaving her house, I noticed someone moving next door. I thought about asking her, but at the moment, it didn't seem important.

Aurora

Once we got to EastWood high, and arrived to our classes, our teacher informed us that we would get a new student.

Teacher: "We will be getting a new student today, he recently moved to California and transferred to EastWood High"

That's odd, it's not everyday we get a new student, at least not here...

Teacher: "Come in Mason" he welcomed him into the classroom. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" Mr. Brick suggested.