Chapter 8: At my house

Mason

I came downstairs to see what was taking her so long, and I saw her on his arms. He saw me. Matias gave me a possessive look, telling me to stay away from her. But instead of scaring me, it made me furious.
I walked towards them, and pulled her away from him. She looked at me shocked. I put her behind me, and looked at Matias menacingly.

Aurora

Me: "Mason..." I said feeling confused of what was happening.
Mason: "Stay behind me" he said with a protective tone.
Matias looked like he was about to punch him, so I decide to step in.
Oh no, they're going to start fighting.
Me: "I think we need some air." I said standing between both of them.
They both still stared at each other like they were about to kill one another.
Me: "I need to talk to Matias, we'll be back, stay inside." I said looking at Mason.
Mason: "I don't want you alone with him."
Me: "And I don't want you two in the same room. So, excuse me. We won't take long." I said taking Matias with me while walking out the door.
Mason: "Aurora...!" He called out for me.
I decided to keep walking.

Outside of the house...
Me: "What were you thinking?! Coming all the way here and sick?!" I scolded him.
Matias: "What was I supposed to do?! I couldn't leave you here alone with him?!" He said a louder tone.
Me: "He's not going to rape me! Plus I can take care of myself." I said firmly.
Matias: "I don't trust him with you." He said looking at me with an intense stare. (Picture above)
Me: "Well, I trust him. So, you have to trust my judgement." I said firmly.
Matias just looked at me, and left.
Me: "Ey! I'm not done talking!" I shouted.
Matias: "I'm done listening." He said walking away.
What the? I was supposed to be the one that was mad

Mason

Why did she go with him? Is she like okay? What are they talking about?
I was beginning to get desperate, and started over thinking on what could to be happening out there.

Aurora

When I got back I saw Mason walking repeatedly on the same space.
Me: "What's wrong with you?" I said jokingly.
Mason: "You're back" he said staring at me. "Where is Matias?" He said looking behind me.
Me: "He left." I said feeling a bit sad. "What was that about anyways?!" I said snapping at him
Mason: "You just seemed like you didn't want to be hugged so I stepped in."
Me: "Why do you even care?"
Mason: "I don't. "
When he said that it felt like a thousand knifes where suddenly being struck in my heart.

Mason

She started to tear up. I saw the tears growing on her eyes. But before I could say I didn't mean it she ran upstairs to the bathroom.
Dammit!! I have to get rid of these habits.
I didn't mean what I said to her, I didn't know what to say at the time. I didn't think of the consequences.
My heart felt heavy, and guilty. It was like my heart was being tortured. I couldn't stand the thought of her crying for me, or anyone else.
I want to make her happy...

Aurora

He didn't care about me at all. I thought he was changing, I thought he was actually someone kind hearted, but just didn't know how to show it. I'm so stupid. I can't believe I fell for his charm.
Why does it hurt so much? Was everything that he'd done fake? He's smile, he's stare...was it all my imagination?
I didn't know what to believe any more, I felt like my heart was being torn. I felt vulnerable.
I started to pour my heart out has I leaned on the door,and sat on the floor. My tears wouldn't stop flowing. (Start the song)
Then, I heard someone's voice coming from outside, I could hear his voice right next to the door.  He was singing. I closed my eyes, and listening to the song, his voice, and the lyrics.

~In a world that's full of darkness you're my light
When everything gets heavy you're what keeps me steady
And when innocence is nowhere to be found, in you I find the cure, you're so good and pure
Everything that I love, Everything that is good, Everything that is right about me
I believe
You are the best thing in my life~

When he stopped singing it, I slowly stood up,and opened the door. I looked up at his, with tears still in my eyes.
Mason: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." He said apologetically.
Me: "And the song?"
Mason: "I wrote it..." He said looking down. Then, he looked up at me, and embraced me.
Me: "You jerk" I said hugging him back with my voice breaking down. I don't understand how one person can make me feel so vulnerable, and helpless. Why you?
Mason: "I know" he said strengthening his embrace. "I'm really sorry..." He whispered in my ear.
Why can't I be mad at you?

Mason

I couldn't leave her alone. I couldn't not do anything when I knew she was heartbroken. I decided to sing the song I wrote for her...
I don't know why, but I began to write about her, the way she made me feel, and what she meant to me. I decided to write a song. I wasn't expecting to sing it to her though. But I was glad that I did. I wrote down everything I couldn't say to her. But, she can't know this song was meant for her. When she opened the door with tears on her eyes, it broke my heart.