Chapter 9: That Night

Aurora (start music)

My parents got home at around 8:15pm. They were worried about letting a boy staying at home. But, in the end, he was allowed to stay here. He slept in the couch, and I slept in my room. It was 9:30 by now, everyone went to sleep. But, I had to go outside to drink water, when I went outside my room, I saw him in the couch sleeping. He looked so peaceful, like a kid. I couldn't help but smile at his innocent features. He seemed harmless,and quite adorable.
I decided to just go back to sleep, I didn't want to risk waking him up.

Mason

I heard some close the door, when I looked up, Aurora was going back to her room. I thought she wanted, or needed something, I was doubtful of going upstairs to her room, but I decided to go after 10-15 minutes of thought. I knocked on the door, but nobody answered so I just went inside. I saw her laying down on her bed, sleeping peaceful.
I went inside, and stood beside her, I watched her sleeping face.
How can someone look so beautiful in their sleep?
I want to kiss her...
What was I just thinking about?! I shouldn't make a big deal out of it, after all she's a girl. I'm sure I would be like this it was somebody else. I walked out of her room quietly, and laid down on the couch I was originally sleeping in.
I thought about what I felt for Aurora. I knew I cared for her, but I thought I only thought of her has a friend...but could it be something more?...I shook my head at the thought. I've never liked someone, I don't know how to love, I don't know how to show love. I had my parents, but they've always loved their work more than their own son. Thinking about this, I fell asleep.

Aurora

I saw the bright shining song reflecting on my bedroom window. I woke up, to the smell of blue berry pancakes.
My mom sure knows how to make my day~ I smiled to myself.
I rose out of bed, and started to get ready. Took a shower, and got ready for school. I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my parents, and of course Mason.
Mason: "Morning." He said looking at me helping my mom set the table. I was impressed, I never saw this side of him.
Me: "Morning." I smiled with a hint of suprise.
Mom: "I made blue berry pancakes honey" she said looking at me with a smile. "it's her favorite" she turned to see Mason.
Mason: "Oh, really?" He said with his eyes wide.
Mom: "When she was 6 years old, she went a whole week eating only pancakes, she looked like a penguin." My mom laughed with my dad.
Me: "Mom!" I said glaring at her.
Mason watched us, and smiled.

Mason

I just met her family yesterday, but I never felt more at home. I could feel how close they were to each other, how much they loved, and cared for each other. I got to know more about her, and her family, I was...happy.
I liked the smile she had for her family (picture above). I found that attractive somehow.

Aurora

Walking to school...
I texted Matias last night, but he didn't replied.
Is he mad at me?
Mason: "Is something bothering you?" asked Mason looking at me.
Me: "It's just Matias, I think he's mad at me..." I said feeling sad, and a bit worried.
Mason: "Don't think about him." He said looking at me with a serious expression.
Me: "What?" I said in confusion.
Mason: "Nothing..." He said looking away.
What did he mean by that?

When we arrived to EastWood high everyone was looking at us, yet again. I felt bad, and guilty for Mason...
I glanced at him but he didn't seem to care.
So cool...

Mason

We arrived to class, and sat on our assigned sits. Two guys I never talked before to approached me.

Daniel: "What's up with you and Aurora?" He smirked. "you guys have been coming to school together lately."
Byron: "Yeah. What's that about?"
Me: "I don't see why that's any of your business." I said glaring at them.
Daniel: "Hey! Tiger. We just want to know if you guys are dating"
Me: "Why do you care?"
Daniel: "I've been trying to get at her, but her body guard is always around." He with a annoyed tone.
Me: "Body guard?"
Byron: "Matias." He said looking at me.
Daniel: "So, are you two going out?" He questioned me again.
Me: "Yeah, she's my girlfriend." I said glaring at them. I didn't want guys like these trying to talk to her, so I lied.
After I told them about me, and Aurora, they left. I bet they're going to tell everyone.
Good...

Aurora

Why isn't Matias here? I hope he didn't get worse...I told him he shouldn't have come.
I tried to call him, but it seemed like his phone was off...
I hope his okay...
Why does he have to make me worry like this? Gesh...
What was up with him yesterday anyways? He got mad, for what?! Just because I was hanging out with someone who wasn't him?! Boys are complicated.