Equinox: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

The only class she didn’t know what it was was something called Interpretive Theories which was every Thursday at 9pm.

Jake grabbed the two girls schedules and compared them to his, “Hailey I am with you for everything. Typical.” His eyes darted to Lilly’s and his frown told her something wasn’t good, “You are pretty much on a totally different schedule.”

Lilly grabbed his and hers and looked over them. First she had English and Science before lunch and neither were with Hailey and Jake. Maybe she would get Sage and Darcy... “But on Wednesday’s we have Lit and drama!”

As they went over their schedule Sage and Darcy made their way through the dining hall, before Lilly could even offer the others girls the information they were looking for Sage snatched up her schedule and frowned like Jake did, “You’re screwed.”

“Who is she with?” Darcy asked reaching for it before Sage pulled it out of the other girls reach. Darcy sunk back down in her seat and sat silently.

Sage frowned, “Pretty much every member of all the other Coven’s but ours. Fantastic.” She tossed the paper back on the desk and leaned forward so no one outside of their table could hear her, “if you spill any Coven secrets while trying to make new friends I will destroy you.” She turned on her heels, which were way too big to be wearing at school, and walked away with Darcy on her heels.

Hailey snorted and packed up her bag before standing, “The extent of her destroying you will probably be social destroying. Not that you would care about that.” She winked before following the other two girls out of the dining hall.

Jake pointed her in the direction of her class before darting after Hailey leaving Lilly alone for the first time since arriving at the school, at least in public. She grabbed her bag and picked up a cup of coffee before heading towards her first class, English.

Finding the room was simple enough, and the layout was similar to college set ups with the desks on raised platforms and a projector at the front. She took a seat at an empty table at the back of the room and waited for the rest of the class to roll in.

As she pulled out her phone to text Hailey two people sat at her table her while three piled into the one in front of her. Lilly looked around wondering why they didn’t spread out more but continued minding her business.

“Good morning.” The boy beside her said with a smile. He was a darker boy, attractive with gorgeous dark eyes and muscles to die for. Lilly smiled but went back to pretending that she was busy on her phone. “Names Vince Carlo.”

“Nice to meet you.”

He nodded to the girl on her other side, “Emily Kiff.”

“Fantastic.” Two people introducing themselves for no good reason could only mean one thing...

Emily spoke up for the first time, “We’re from the Boston Coven.”

And there it was. They were from the Boston Coven and they were there to assess her more than the Glass siblings already did. Sage did say she was in classes with most of the other Coven’s, but the leaders of each Coven have already assessed her and as Pepper, the most forward of them all, hadn’t bothered her since she assumed she was nothing special. At least as far as they knew...

“Kevin and Denise want to know more about you.” Vince said as he took a drink from his own coffee, Lilly’s eyes darted to her other side where Emily was sitting, clearly there to make sure she didn’t try to make a getaway. “Your affinity is Air?” At her nod Vince smiled, “Me too.”

She nodded again, “Good for you.”

He laughed and his eyes darted towards a girl walking down the steps to her friends that called out to her near the bottom of the desks. Vince whistled and it was as though a gush of wind ripped through the classroom. The girls flower skirt whipped up around hear revealing her scandalous black panties beneath.