thirty-six // you are perfectly perfect to me.

February 7th, 2016

--Ginger's P.O.V--

"This is probably the first time I've ever seen your hair spiked up since I've known you, Pierre."

The blonde boy rolled his eyes. "I'll take that as a compliment, Ginger, and for your information it's just now growing back from the shaved hairstyle I had, so I finally have enough hair to spike."

Pierre followed me into the kitchen where I was going to get a water bottle. Most of our family members were already at the place where the baby shower was being held, including my mother, who really didn't take the pregnancy news that well.

Courtney knew she had to tell her sooner or later, but she didn't know how to bring it up or when. She started developing a bump a week or two after the first doctor's visit and I finally convinced her to tell our mom.

However, Pierre was freaking out

"Okay, here's the plan. We cause a zombie apocalypse like the Walking Dead and make sure our families get eaten, so they will never know. Then we can take down the zombies and repopulate the planet."

My sister didn't find the idea funny although I did. I did suggest; however, that she tell our mother to her face, but of course, she didn't listen to me and texted her instead. The texting conversation was pure gold.

Courtney: Hey, mom, guess what I'm getting you for your birthday?

Mom: What?

Courtney: A "world's best grandma," shirt and mug set.

Mom: But I'm not a grandma.

Courtney: Well, you will be in like six months.

Next thing we all knew Courtney was getting a text from Eli that caused Pierre to scream like a girl.

Eli: I broke Pierre's laptop.

I swear that was the closest I had been to seeing a grown man cry. 

"So does my sister like your hair spiked up?"

Pierre shrugged, sitting down onto one of the bar stools. "I honestly don't think it matters to her. She does like to be able to run her hand through my hair which she can't do with all the product I have to use."

I smiled, turning away from the sink to face him. "She really loves you, you know?"

The boy smiled down at his hands. "I know and I love her too."

The clock in the living room bonged, signaling that it was eleven. "We better get going, Pierre, if we want to go to the baby store and make it to the shower on time."

"Yeah, I want to get there before the rest of my band does."

I raised my eyebrows. "You still haven't told them that you are going to be a dad?" Pierre shook his head. "Why do they think you are back in the states then?"

"I told them that I just wanted to see your sister."

"For like three months?" I shrieked.

"Well, at least they are going to have a pleasant surprise today."

"Don't blame me if Chuck has a heart attack."

•••

When we arrived at the mall, it was already eleven-thirty, a half an hour before Courtney's baby shower was scheduled to start. The good thing was that the rest of Simple Plan's flight was running a bit behind, so we would be able to arrive at the shower before them.