isle of flightless birds // entry

June 8th, 2013

We only attend the support group once a week and personally, I can't wait until next week.

Why do I like the support group so much? Well, let me tell you.

There's this girl. She sits right across from me in the group circle and her blonde hair reminds me of a fairy. Her bright blue eyes remind me of the ocean. Her name is Courtney, I think. She's very quiet because she refused to talk when the Mrs. Eva asked her to.

I wish I would have spoken to her or at least said hi, but as soon as the support group was over, she disappeared. She's not in any of my classes for school, but Pete tells me that's because some people don't do well in a public school setting. He says she probably has a private tutor.

Pete is actually opening up to me and I am surprised to learn that he knows a little bit about this Courtney girl even though I've been here longer than he has. Not by much, but still I would like to know how he figures out everything.

He was the one that told me her name. Courtney. That was a beautiful name and I would do anything to hear her actually say it out loud.

Pete has made a few friends in this place and they apparently said that nobody hardly sees Courtney aside from her roommate and when she comes out to get her lunch during lunch time. I haven't seen her at all around the hospital, not including the support group.

Pete says he has seen her a few times and I quote he said, "she's very pretty, Joseph, and if you don't ask her out soon, I will."

I believed him which meant that I had to gain more knowledge about this girl and try to get her to talk to me. Today everyone is allowed to make one phone call and I plan to call Josh. Maybe he can give me some advice.

I, Tyler Robert Joseph, have never been a ladies' man. I'm extremely awkward and I even blush every time one of my younger sister's friends says hi to me, so I don't quite understand how I'm going to approach this girl, but it's going to happen.

I am very determined.

Tyler Joseph, entry number three in Isle of the Flightless Birds.

Written on June 8th, 2013 at 10:23 pm
with a pencil, which I can't stand using.