thirty-two // this circle never ends

--Tyler's P.O.V--

"So do we need to talk about the fact that you would do Courtney Akehurst if you had the chance, Jishwa?"

Josh and I were standing beside the food table, drinks in our hands, as everyone around us danced. My eyes followed Courtney as she slow danced with Tanner. They both were laughing about something.

"There's no need to talk about it, Tyler," he responded. "It was a honest remark."

I raised my eyebrows. "Honest remark? You told me straight to my face that you would have sex with the girl I love." My eyes widened as I registered what I just said. "Forget I said the last part."

Josh laughed. "Don't worry about it, man. We all know you love her. It's not some gigantic secret anymore." He took a sip of his drink before continuing. "But, really, my remark isn't a really a big deal. Nobody would have a problem doing Courtney."

"So you are saying everybody is attracted to her?"

"Dude, even Brendon Urie and Jack Barakat are attracted to her and they haven't even met her."

Josh was making sense. It was easy to get attacted to Courtney, but it was unnerving to think about the fact that a lot of other guys would love to be with her. Which meant that if she broke up with Pierre, she could be with anyone she chose, and the chances were quite high that it wasn't going to be me.

The slow song ended and Tanner let go of Courtney as they gave each other a high five. She said something to him before heading towards Josh and I's direction.

I still couldn't get over the Can't Help Falling In Love performance. Courtney just looked so beautiful and she was putting so much emotion into her voice. A part of me wondered if she would have put that much emotion into it if she was singing with Pierre.

"Hey, guys," she said, greeting us. Her face quickly into a look of disgust as she glanced at the lasagna that was in a silver pan. "That smells terrible!"

She covered her nose with left hand and I chuckled. "You've always hated lasagna."

Josh's face turned into one of confusion. "How can you hate lasagna? It's like one of the best homemade dinners my mom can make."

"It's the tomato sauce," Courtney replied, hand still covering her mouth. "It's just so gross."

We all fell into an awkward silence until Josh cleared his throat. "I'm going to go talk to Parker. He said he wanted to learn how to play drums, so I have to give him some tips."

I automatically knew that he was lying, but I was grateful that he was. He was giving me a chance to be alone with Courtney. Well, we weren't technically alone, surrounded by all the people, but nobody was paying any attention to us.

He hurried towards the tall, blonde, boy that was talking to Miranda and I smiled at Courtney. "If that tomato sauce smells so bad, maybe you should move away from it?"

Courtney stuck her tongue out at me as we took a few steps away from the table. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to obtain some warmth in the sleeveless dress. My mind flashed back to the first time I kissed her on the rooftop. I gave her my skeleton hoodie, which she ended up keeping until she threw it at me when I was leaving the hospital.

"I can't believe one of my childhood friends got married today," Courtney remarked, pulling me from my thoughts. "We are all growing up and I feel like I missed so much. I missed the growth of my siblings. I missed my friends' first relationships. I don't know, I just wish I could turn back time."

I agreed. "To the good ole' days."

"I would change so many things. The things I've said, the experiences I've missed, the risks I didn't take."

Dementophobia • tyler joseph •जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें