twenty-four // misery loves company

--Courtney's P.O.V--

Riding around on Pierre's back turned out to not be as bad as I thought. I kept a tight grip around his neck while we chatted with Simple Plan. The bassist, David and I got along quite well actually. Well, that was until he suggested a game called Shark Attack.

"How do you play?" Brian asked.

"Well," David began, "Shark Attack is a game that is pretty similar to Sharks and Minnows if any of you have played or heard of that. The oldest or the youngest person is the shark and the rest of the people are the divers. The divers jumped into the water and try to swim to the other side of the pool and get out before the shark tags them. If you are tagged, you are out until the next round of the game. You keep playing until one person is left and the prize for that one person to dare the shark to do anything no matter how ridiculous."

Everybody seemed excited about the game even I was remotely excited for it and I wasn't swimming on my own.

"So who's the youngest?" Eli called out. "Whoever the youngest is, gets to be the shark."

I watched everybody begin to calculate their age with their bandmates. A few people were even using their fingers as a support with the math, but I already knew the answer.

Everybody was in their twenties, at least I thought, aside from me.

I leaned down to whisper into Pierre's ear once again. "Hey, how old are you?"

"I'm nineteen," he replied back. "I'm the youngest out of the boys and I hope somebody here is younger than me. I really don't want to be a shark."

Well, he was going to have to be because I was eighteen and couldn't swim on my own.

"Okay, who's the youngest?" David asked.

I timidly removed my left hand from around Pierre's neck and raised my hand.

"You are the youngest, Courtney?" David exclaimed. "I figured it would be our little baby Pierre."

"Je vous déteste , David Philippe Desrosiers et je l'espère vous noyer," Pierre responded.

David rolled his eyes. "It is not nice to say I hate you or hope someone drowns, Pierre. Where are your manners?"

"Your middle name is Philippe?" Josh asked, trying hold in a laugh.

David was emo, in my opinion, almost as emo as 2007 Pete Wentz. His dark brown hair was cropped short, but spiked with frosted tips and both of his ears were pierced three times. His nose was also pierced along with a piercing in the middle of his bottom lip.

However, his hair used to be quite long and pitch black, making him emo. He left the emo phrase, but the emo never left him. But Philippe wasn't a name a emo person should have.

David gave Josh a look of anger. "Yes and I absolutely hate it. Now, continuing on with the game. Courtney, you are the shark and since you don't like water I'm allowing Pierre to take you where you want to go, but you are the one that needs to tag the person."

I nodded as Pierre swam towards the middle of the pool while everyone else climbed out and positioned themselves.

"Okay, on your mark!" David shouted. "Ready, set, go!"