twenty-six // love's not a competition (but i'm winning)

--Courtney's P.O.V--

Today was the day after the Austin, Texas show and two days after Pierre asked me out on a date. The tension around Tyler and I had intensified, but I had no clue how to approach him to break the ice once again. What was I supposed to say anyway? "Hey, you told me you wanted me to move on, but now that I did so, you are pissed off?" That would have been a pleasant conversation.

However, I didn't need to worry about Tyler today. Pierre wanted to take me on a date before we had to take off for Atlanta, Georgia, which happened to be tomorrow morning. So it was David's job to keep my undivided attention until Pierre was ready with whatever he was planning.

"So you can't tell me anything about what he is planning? Not even a little, tiny, hint?" I pleaded, looking up at him. My head was currently in his lap which may have seemed quite awkward to anyone who was passing through the lounge area, but to us, it was normal.

I was starting to get better with affection and touch. Affection didn't bother me just because I didn't like it, it bothered me because of the little affection I received as a child turned into sexual abuse by my uncle. I was now realizing that he was a sick person and not everybody in the world was like him. Besides, by the end of this tour, I was going to improve my overall demeanor where even my own family wouldn't recognize me. Being comfortable with casual touch was going to be the first step.

"He made me promise that I wouldn't tell you," David replied, running his hand through his spiked up hair.

"Since when do you listen to Pierre?"

"Since he threatened to give me a black eye if I told you anything. I can't risk my beautiful face, Courtney, not even for you."

I rolled my eyes. " I wouldn't call your face beautiful, but you are quite attractive." I sat up, stretching my arms. "But if you won't tell me anything, I bet Seb, Jeff, or Chuck will."

David grinned. "Actually, they can't tell you anything. They are currently with Pierre, helping him plan everything. I'm the one that's supposed to keep you busy until he comes to pick you up."

I groaned in distress, plopping back down upon David's lap. If I figured out what Pierre was planning, I could possibly prepare myself more. This date was making me quite nervous and it was because I had no idea what to expect.

And David surely wasn't helping.

"If you can't give me information, give me some pointers," I mumbled. "You definitely know more about relationships than I do."

"You want dating advice from me?" He seemed quite amazed. "You must be really desperate if you are asking me for dating anything."

"Well, nobody has ever asked me out before!" I defended.

"Just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they don't want to." David rubbed the back of his neck before quickly changing the subject. "Anyway, just be yourself, Courtney. Pierre asked you out because he likes everything about you. Be your awkward and kind self and you will do just fine."

I sighed, heavily. That was easier said than done honestly.

Five minutes later, the bus door opened and I quickly sat up, slipping my pizza Converse on. Seb popped his head into the lounge and smiled his goofy grin. "Miss Akehurst, Mr. Bouvier will see you now."

David snorted as I stood up. "Sebastien, using a Fifty Shades of Grey quote is freaking Courtney out even more."

Seb's cheeks turned rosy red from embarrassment. "Sorry, Courtney, but don't worry, Pierre is a perfect gentleman."