thirty-three // i don't know what i should do. i don't know where i should go

Yes, I know the pregnancy thing is cliche and I'm sorry, but it helps all of my ideas blend together. Also, I'm terribly sorry if any of you hate the direction this story going in, but it is my story and trust me, I know what I'm doing.

--Courtney's P.O.V--

"I think I'm going to be sick."

Those were the first words that came out of Tyler's mouth as he grabbed a hold of the counter top for support. Tanner leaped to his feet, a blank expression on his face. He was not very happy at the moment and I'm pretty sure he wanted to kill Pierre. "I'm going to go downstairs and distract your brothers before they come looking for Tyler."

He quickly lifted the room without another word, closing the door behind him. Tyler sank to the floor, a look of disbelief on his face.

"I have been getting sick for awhile now, so if you feel like you need the toilet, you better hurry. The nausea comes and goes," I remarked.

"How can you joke about this?" Tyler said, quite loudly.

"Keep your voice down!" My friend, Winnie, hissed. "Her sister is probably lurking around somewhere."

"Who says I was joking, Tyler?" I replied, my voice calm. "I've been getting morning sickness since the wedding. I've even been camping in the bathroom some nights."

Tyler put his face in his hands, releasing a heavy sigh. Winnie was glancing between both of us, worry written all over her face. "Courtney, please," Tyler pleaded, "please tell me you guys weren't absolutely stupid and didn't use protection of some sort."

"We used protection, but the condom must have broke or maybe it didn't work at all. I honestly don't understand how this could have happened. I know how stupid this all sounds. It's the reproductive version of the dog ate my homework, but Pierre was so careful."

Tyler shakily climbed to his feet. "He obviously wasn't careful enough, Courtney!"

"Hey, don't yell at her!" Winnie retorted. "She is having a rough time with this and I don't think you criticizing the father of her baby is going to help at all." Winnie's voice fell to a whisper as she reached the end of her sentence, hoping nobody could hear her

The boy took a deep breath before lifting his head to meet my eyes. "When did you decide that you might be pregnant?"

"Well, at the wedding, I felt sick the entire time and the lasagna smelled revolting to me along with the chicken that I ate. Signs of pregnancy are being sensitive to certain smells and just feeling nauseated along with being angry or upset. I have all those symptoms."

Winnie cleared her throat. "After you decided to kiss her, she went into the bathroom that I happened to be in and puked her guts up. She thought she was just catching a bug, but the puking worsened a couple of days after the wedding was over, so I went and got her a pregnancy test."

  My head was spinning and I just wanted to go lie down in my bed and sleep, but I knew I wouldn't be able to do that with my mind racing as fast as it was. The thought of breaking the news to Pierre was almost enough to make me sick once again. I was terrified of what he was going to say.

"I'm sorry," Tyler began, "but I don't even know who you are."

I sighed. "Tyler, Winnie. Winnie, Tyler. She is one of my old friends from school whom I was very close to and she moved out of state a few years ago and only came back for Hope's wedding."

She smiled. "Now, I have a valid reason to stay in Ohio."

I didn't want her to help me in any way, shape, or form, but she wouldn't listen to me. She said that I needed someone that wasn't close-minded and someone that wouldn't automatically freak out on me. Reluctantly, I admitted that she was right.