thirty-one // this is home

--Courtney's P.O.V--

Simple Plan dropped out of the tour with only a few shows left. They declared on their official social media pages that they were cancelling due to personal reasons. Chuck apologized multiple times on his Twitter and promised that they would be back with another tour once their second album was completed.

Pierre was the only member of the band that didn't acknowledge the cancellation and I understood why he wouldn't. He was absolutely devastated. He was so worked up on Halloween that he ended up in front of the toilet, dry heaving, with his shirt off because of how much he was sweating. The scratches on his back were quite worse than I expected. One on his shoulder even had dried blood on it.

Needless to say, that was definitely one of the worst birthdays I had.

By the time, the rest of the guys got their stuff together, Pierre was acting like nothing was wrong. The heartbreaking sobs had stopped and he just looked broken down. He refused to tell anybody outside of his band and I about his brother, leaving Hayley, Taylor, Josh, and Tyler confused. However, none of them asked any questions.

I was sad to see them leaving under such horrible circumstances, but even if there wasn't any circumstances surrounding them leaving, I would still feel sad. When Seb hugged me good-bye, he whispered that he wasn't angry about Pierre and I and he always knew when Pierre did it with someone because he always acted a certain way afterwards. I didn't think he acted any different, but Seb knew him better than I did.

Jeff and Chuck hugged me and wished me the best. I made both of them promise that they would keep both Pierre and David out of trouble. Chuck said he would make sure that everyone didn't get arrested.

David hugged me, tightly, and he smiled as he informed me that he walked by the lady with tattoos that made the comments about him at breakfast and "accidentally," spilled food all over her. I honestly wished that I could have witnessed that. The boy with the frosted tips caught me off guard and kissed my cheek before stepping back to where Chuck was.

Pierre was the last one to tell me bye and I was surprised to notice that his nose seemed a little off-center. He promised me that he was fine and Tyler and him were messing around and it, somehow, got out of hand, causing him to get a punch to the nose and Tyler to get a black eye. I didn't believe him one bit, but I was just going to keep my mouth shut.

I began crying as Pierre hugged me. "It'll be okay, mon amour, I promise. Everything will be fine." It seemed like he was trying to convince himself rather than me.

"I'll miss you so much," I whispered against his shoulder. He kissed every part of my face before letting me go. "I'll call you when we get to the hospital. I'll let you know the update and if my bone marrow is a match."

I prayed that Pierre's bone marrow matched with his brother, not just for his brother's sake, but for his own. If it turned out that Pierre couldn't do the transplant and his brother died, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself.

•••

A week has gone by since Simple Plan left the tour and three days have passed since we finished the tour off in Canada. We were now currently back in Ohio, getting ready for Hope and Jerald's wedding that was tomorrow. I still couldn't believe that I was her maid of honor.

Tanner was freaking out about being Jerald's best man and it was only because he had so many responsibilities that he had to do. He was never good at remembering anything let alone multiple things at once. I had only been home for almost twenty-four hours and I've already had to remind him to pick up both Jerald's and his tuxedos.